Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Making up your blind with a straddle

WTF are you guys talking about. Straddling adds action and most people like the rule (which is why they allow it).....You guys are just a bunch of nits
Old 09-13-2007, 03:36 PM

Foxwoods stopped allowing straddles for players who had to post in the 10/20 LHE game. I assume it applies to the rest of the room.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF are you guys talking about. Straddling adds action and most people like the rule (which is why they allow it).....You guys are just a bunch of nits

[/ QUOTE ]

Straddle: $4 live + $0 dead + last action
Seems a lot of benefits for the extra $1.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:49 PM

CAZ requires a player to post the dead small blind along with the straddle amount. I agree that this is the correct way to handle this situation.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:04 PM

it makes sense to me intuitively that there should be a small blind and a straddle (2.5 bb) - the straddle amount is part of the big blind and based on it, the small blind is wholly separate and is also required - also the fact that the small blind is dead and pulled in the middle while the straddle is not is a clue to me that they are two separate yet equally required actions.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:18 PM

I don't see the difference but in the case in question it was No Limit. I believe it should just be $4. You don't add the small blind when you wait for the big blind so this is just a big(ger) blind.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:28 PM

I've seen it several times in Vegas and it's always $4. Doesn't mean this is "right" or "standard" but it's what I've seen out of at least 3 rooms in Vegas.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that if not allowed to straddle this way the player will likely post absolutely nothing, wait one hand and post a big blind. I don't see that being such a benefit to the game.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that if not allowed to straddle this way the player will likely post absolutely nothing, wait one hand and post a big blind. I don't see that being such a benefit to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends where you're playing. In LA if the player waits he still has to post the BB and SB with a dead SB. I'm not sure what would happen if he wanted to straddle since I have been racking my brain and I can't recall seeing this before but if I had to guess then here in LA he would have to put in $5 and $1 would be dead.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the difference but in the case in question it was No Limit. I believe it should just be $4. You don't add the small blind when you wait for the big blind so this is just a big(ger) blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how it is generally treated. I do know of a room where enough of the nits whined that they changed it to having to put the small blind in dead. Traditionally in NL players that missed blinds are dealt back in without posting, but that was when the game was played by ladies and gentlemen.