Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Binder clip?
Yes, 1" minimum size. 0 0%
No. 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2007, 09:01 PM

Default PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 12)

Disclaimer: My rankings are NOT a traditional power rankings. They are projective, meaning we are ranking based on where teams will finish. Rankings are done based on the playoff guidelines, meaning the division winners get the top four seeds and tiebreakers matter. For a full explanation, please see this post. Also, when I list a team's NFL rank, it's based on DVOA unless otherwise noted.

</font>[/b]<font color="blue"> 1. DALLAS (10-1) </font><font color="red"> </font>: On your mark… Get Ready… Get Set… <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Green Bay.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 2. GREEN BAY (10-1) </font><font color="red"> </font>: BRETT FAVRE! TONY ROMO! BRETT FAVRE! TONY ROMO! BRETT FAVRE! TONY ROMO! BRETT FAVRE! TONY ROMO! BRETT FAVRE! TONY ROMO! <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Dallas.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 3. TAMPA BAY (7-4) </font><font color="red"> </font>: What a great play by Ronde Barber at the end of the game, jumping a quick out to Moss for a huge interception. Then Brian Kelly finished off the Skins with a similar play, covering Moss and picking off a low Campbell pass in the endzone to seal it. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ New Orleans.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 4. SEATTLE (7-4) </font><font color="red"> </font>: Now that Maurice Morris has a decent sample size, let's compare them: Morris has 90 carries for 383 yards (4.25ypc), 2TD and 1 fumble. His DVOA is -1.1% DVOA, ranked 26th. Alexander has 149 carries for 492 yards (3.3ypc), 2TD and 1 fumble. His DVOA is -17.3% DVOA, ranked 47th. Wait, it gets even better. Morris also has positive receiving value (4.3 DPAR) giving him a total of 8.9 DPAR. Alexander has a negative receiving value (-3.5 DPAR) giving him a total of -5.8 DPAR. Not that I've been calling for Morris to play all season or anything. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Philadelphia.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 5. NEW YORK (7-4) </font><font color="red"> </font>: The ankle injury and lack of practice seemed to finally catch up to Plaxico Burress. Through the first six weeks, Burress averaged 5 catches for 85 yards per game with 8 touchdowns. Over the next four weeks, he averaged just 4 catches for 32 yards per game, and had 0 touchdowns. But Burress was the lone bright spot on the offense last week, hauling in 7 balls for 93 yards and a touchdown despite the struggles of Eli Manning. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Chicago.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 6. ARIZONA (5-6) </font><font color="red"> </font>: It's been a tough week for the Cards, who not only lost to the lowly Niners, but have now lost stud safety Adrian Wilson for the season. From big-time wins over Pittsburgh to a pair of losses to lowly San Fran, the Arizona season has really run the gamut, and the Cards now lead the league in week-to-week DVOA variance. It's hard to tell which team will show up down the stretch, but I still like Arizona's potential and their easy schedule. The final wildcard spot is an enormous clusterf***, and it's so close at this point that, at least for this week, I'm just leaving it status quo. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Cleveland.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 7. WASHINGTON (5-6) </font><font color="red"> </font>: Speaking of tough weeks, RIP Sean Taylor. The Skins become the toughest team to rank, at least for this week, because it's impossible to know how they will react to losing their star safety. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Buffalo.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 8. DETROIT (6-5) </font><font color="red"> </font>: I counted three egregious game management errors by Rod Marinelli. 1) Punting on 4th and 4 late in the game, 2) After their final touchdown, taking the extra point and using the five yards on the kickoff. You need a two point conversion eventually, and now you have a chance to go for two from one yard out instead of two. 3) Not taking a timeout before the two minute warning. It ended up not mattering, but it cost them about 10 seconds. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Minnesota.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 9. PHILADELPHIA (5-6) </font><font color="red"> </font>: Headline: McNabb blows game with late interception in 4th quarter. Oh, wait, that was AJ Feeley. New Headline: Heroic effort by Feeley comes up short as Eagles fall to Pats. But with that said, Feeley played well enough to deserve another start, and it looks like he will get it - McNabb still hasn't practiced. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Seattle.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 10. NEW ORLEANS (5-6) </font><font color="red"> </font>: All season, as the Saints have been up and down, the one constant has been Colston. The second year stud had another 7 catches, 93 yards and a touchdown this week. For the season, he has 24.8 DPAR, ranked 7th among wide receivers. His catch percentage of 66% ranks 6th. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Tampa Bay.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 11. MINNESOTA (5-6) </font><font color="red"> </font>: Stat of the Week: The Vikings have not had a 100 yard receiving game since week two. OF LAST SEASON. That's 25 straight games. And speaking of variance, the Vikings rank 5th. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Detroit.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 12. CHICAGO (5-6) </font><font color="red"> *UP 1* </font>: So was it good rex or bad rex? Watching the game, I thought he wasn’t half bad, as was victimized by a number of drops and lost a long touchdown to a hold. But the numbers suggest bad rex: 17 of 33 for 193 yards, a TD and an INT. But he was also sacked three times, lowering his net yards per pass to just 4.75. And he fumbled twice. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. New York Giants.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 13. CAROLINA (4-7) </font><font color="red"> *DOWN 1* </font>: Steve Smith deserves better. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. San Francisco.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 14. ATLANTA (3-8) </font><font color="red"> </font>: Speaking of washed up running backs, how about Warrick Dunn? 180 carries, 583 yards (3.3ypc), 3TD and 1 fumble. He has 1.6 DPAR. Meanwhile, Jerious Norwood has 61 carries, 348 yards (5.7ypc), 1 TD and 0 fumbles. He has 10.1 DPAR on just 61 carries, good for 18th in the league. His DVOA of 24.5% ranks 5th in the NFL. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ St. Louis.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 15. SAN FRANCISCO (3-8) </font><font color="red"> *UP 1* </font>: How does this team keep winning games? <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Carolina.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 16. ST. LOUIS (2-9) </font><font color="red"> *DOWN 1* </font>: What a bad break for the Rams, losing Marc Bulger just as they were beating the Seahawks. Frerotte (20/32 - 161 - 1 - 1, 3.9 net yards per pass) was poor, and on the last drive missed a wide open Isaac Bruce in the end zone for what should have been the game winning score, and then fumbled the snap on the game’s final play. <font color="purple">[b] NEXT: vs. Atlanta
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 12)

Polls.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 PM

Good stuff as usual.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good stuff as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2007, 09:40 PM

The cowboys v bills is tied for the best nfl game I've ever watched.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:40 PM

ugh, with the way things are going I might just go minny 7 saints 8. Who knows? I'm sure you basically just flipped coins from 6-11.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 PM

Packers, I picked the Skins for this week but that is until the Saints beat the Bucs this weekend then I'll pick Saints next week, and the best game of the year was clearly Vinateri(also Manning) unclutch, LDO(damnit, at least I made it 'til Thursday before my first shot at the Colts).
Old 11-29-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The cowboys v bills is tied for the best nfl game I've ever watched.

[/ QUOTE ]

With what?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 PM

Needle,

What, did you make an early New Years Resolution to stop ripping on the Colts so much? =)
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Needle,

What, did you make an early New Years Resolution to stop ripping on the Colts so much? =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha, ahh, I am trying to be as quiet as possible until Sunday about this Jags-Colts game, considering how big it may end up being.

Oh and my New Years Resolution for 2+2 is to cut down big time on my Vince Young comments so I'm warning everyone that 1/4 of my posts in December might be VY posts.