Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Advanced S&G strategy? Or pure idiocy....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This has got to be the most stupid play of all time.... so let me put this in another way.... the "Hero" is himself SO SCARED of getting out that he is folding AA IN THE HOPE that the other 2 players cooperate(which he didn't know they would) and get the low stack out!?!? LMAO

There is NO JUSTIFICATION EVER to fold AA, not against 1 player, 2, 3, or full table, unless everyone's all in and it's free for all then you can fold it since odds don't justify.

Against 1 player who has tiny stack and you want to fold AA? LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm you've missed the point... or this is some dumb trolling level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually only trolls would think there was a point.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This has got to be the most stupid play of all time.... so let me put this in another way.... the "Hero" is himself SO SCARED of getting out that he is folding AA IN THE HOPE that the other 2 players cooperate(which he didn't know they would) and get the low stack out!?!? LMAO

There is NO JUSTIFICATION EVER to fold AA, not against 1 player, 2, 3, or full table, unless everyone's all in and it's free for all then you can fold it since odds don't justify.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reged: 08/10/07
Old 08-10-2007, 02:40 PM

If you have the right opponents.... I've done this too, especially in live MTTs on the bubble.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Missed the point quite spectacularly there.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is not the time to fold AA. The odds will pretty much always justify it unless you're in a satellite or a weird (effective) bubble situation of the type that you clearly don't understand from your comment above.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The OP outlines his reasons for folding AA preflop and you want to make a load of irrelevant (and incorrect) points in response. ROFLMAO.

In response to the OP - nice idea, wrong situation. Shortie isn't short enough, and you aren't deep enough compared to the medium stacks.

Shortie has to go in soon with limited FE - if he loses we want to be the one with his chips and if he doubles then all three will all have to open up more with the size of these blinds, so there are limited steal opportunities left. May as well get it to ITM with a bigger chip lead.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you know the two moderate stacks will correctly lay down almost ATC to your steals, then this play has merit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Collin, I think that's the problem, the "almost". This play has no merit if villians play correctly.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you know the two moderate stacks will correctly lay down almost ATC to your steals, then this play has merit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Collin, I think that's the problem, the "almost". This play has no merit if villians play correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more correctly the villains play, the more viable this play becomes.

But I think Collin is right that the shorty being on the left is a problem here.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This play has no merit if villians play incorrectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

...surely?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you posted this on in the original thread that the OP linked.

You were confused other there as well.

you've completely missed the point to play. It has nothing do with being scared. Quite the contrary. He is not scared at all, which is why he is willing to keep the bubble alive in order to continue to abuse the medium stack.

Again, this play has merit. But, I don't think the stacks are distributed right in this specific example for it to be overly effective. I still think it's probably +EV though.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:06 PM

LMAO

So I must have posted on the other forum as well? Wanna bet your life on that? Wait.. wouldn't want you to die here ;-)

I missed the point as many of you say? The point being on the bubble with AA you FOLD against short stack, not even limp?? hahaha

My guess is there's a bunch of low stakes n00bs here.. I'll move along now ;-) Ask Sklansky what he thinks of weak-tight players and those that back them up...... ;-))))
Old 08-10-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO

So I must have posted on the other forum as well? Wanna bet your life on that? Wait.. wouldn't want you to die here ;-)

I missed the point as many of you say? The point being on the bubble with AA you FOLD against short stack, not even limp?? hahaha

My guess is there's a bunch of low stakes n00bs here.. I'll move along now ;-) Ask Sklansky what he thinks of weak-tight players and those that back them up...... ;-))))

[/ QUOTE ]

Dreamcircus, we only wake you up for the important meetings.