Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Turned Flush/paired board

This is my first post for advice in this forum; apologies if this seems standard or worse ... lol Live tournament, $500 buyin, 5k starting stacks. 100/200 blinds, no antes yet.

I have been tight and aggressive, shown down mostly good hands. Have not shown down anything out of line, although I have made a few moves on passive players. Table has been relatively passive, folding to CBs mostly (hence I've made them frequently but not always). Villain has been solid, seeemed LAG early but recently settled down. He has shown down only a few hands but they were mixed between high cards, small pairs and SCs.

Hero has Th9h in the CO, stack is 10,500, average stack is probably 7k-8k. Villain is on the button with 11k.

Folds to me. I raise to 600. Villain calls, blinds fold. 1500 in the pot.

Flop: 7h 3h 7d

Hero bets 800. Villain pauses, then calls. 3100 in pot.

Turn: Ah. Completes my flush.

Hero bets 2400. Villain tanks again, then calls. Hmmm. Pot is 7900. My stack is now 6700.

River: blank.

Hero?

Comments on all streets are welcome. Should I have c/r the turn? bet smaller on the turn? (which is what I think in hindsight, perhaps 1500 or maybe even less). River shove? River c/r? River c/c (including a shove?). Different play online vs. live?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Turned Flush/paired board

I like it all.

I jam the river because all 7's call and he called the flop with a hand (although a naked 7 usually raises somewhere in there). If he's boated up or has a better flush so be it.

A jam may also fold a better flush once in a blue moon.

His flat calls on flop and turn are disconcerting, but I can't find a fold anywhere......maybe I c/r jam on the turn, but that's the only spot I may play differently than you.

Meh, I really can't figure out what you are ahead of except smaller flushes and 7's that didn't boat, but I'm not sure how much of his range that makes up. I just usually don't fold hands this strong, especiallly live.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 07-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Thanks. I also think I am ahead of AQ, AJ, AT and maybe some other suited A-overcard who may have called preflop and the flop bet thinking it was a CB. Of course, those probably fold to a jam.

My question - is there any way I don't go broke on this hand if Villain has a boat or better flush? Live or online even??? It is kind of a meh spot.

Cheers
Old 07-19-2007, 11:11 PM

Maybe check/calling the river, but I don't see how to get less chips in on the flop and turn.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:01 PM

shove