Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: heads up tournament

SNG players play 75BB games with blind increases and we win just fine. Starting at 300 bb with blind increases isn't going to change the luck factor significantly. By the time the blinds get to flip mode, it will be two hours later anyways. At that point you can assume that the players are equal in ability and the fate of that game should be put in the hands of the poker gods. This arrangement gives the SNG player an advantage at the end, but if the SNG player is able to last this long vs someone who normally plays deep-stacked, they deserve a little edge after taking the worst of it after so much time. Especially if this two out of three, the SNG player will be at a disadvantage for most of the games.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:00 PM

i'd really much rather have some sort of rising blinds but im not even sure if i'll put some dead money in the pool or not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i probably will, though, i love 1-1.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SNG players play 75BB games with blind increases and we win just fine. Starting at 300 bb with blind increases isn't going to change the luck factor significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note, more matches > deeper stacks.

Starting with 300BB is a completely different game.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SNG players play 75BB games with blind increases and we win just fine. Starting at 300 bb with blind increases isn't going to change the luck factor significantly. By the time the blinds get to flip mode, it will be two hours later anyways. At that point you can assume that the players are equal in ability and the fate of that game should be put in the hands of the poker gods. This arrangement gives the SNG player an advantage at the end, but if the SNG player is able to last this long vs someone who normally plays deep-stacked, they deserve a little edge after taking the worst of it after so much time. Especially if this two out of three, the SNG player will be at a disadvantage for most of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

75bb vs. 300bb changes the luck factor, like, astronomically. Also 2 hours is about 200 hours short of being able to evaluate who truly has a skill edge.

I'm in for whatever, and I prefer 200bb without increases.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:37 PM

I'd rather see a series of husngs. Unless this is supposed to be some sort of hu cash tourney, then we could just all ship money to leader or other reliable people and play the NL play money hu cash tables on bodog over a period of time.

I'm not a big fan of combining the two, a lot of players either play 100+ bb deep most of the time or 75bb deep max most of the time.

If there's enough interest to do 2 of these, one super deep hu cash style and one a series of husngs, I'm more than down with that. Considering the hu cash crowd is more prevalent in this forum, it shouldn't be a problem b/c I know we have enough husng guys to do a 100-200 dollar mtt.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't really thought about how sit'n'go players would be disadvantaged. Fair call I guess. On the other hand, though, sit'n'gos are the lowest form of poker so I'm not that bothered [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It doesn't matter anyway. Call me a pessimist, but the odds of this thing getting up are longer than my odds of winning it if it did.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 PM

its going to happen, i just need to figure out what exactly everyone wants. so many disagreements on what to play right now.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its going to happen, i just need to figure out what exactly everyone wants. so many disagreements on what to play right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote for "I dont [censored] care"