Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 08:26 PM

Default CA Online Poker Initiative!!

OK folks, we are under way.

My initiative to get legal online poker in California has been sent to the California Secretary of State for title and summary.

link to CA sec of state

Go to the bottom of the page.

Be sure and read every line. There will be rakeback. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It takes about 4-5 weeks to get the initiative cleared for circulation. In the meantime I will create an information web site and fix it so anyone can download the petition and sign it.

Everyone in CA needs to pitch in and help if you really want a legal, trouble free, US playing site. In California, if this passes, it is law and it happens.

I will be trying to line up help from the veterans and teachers. My job will be to convince them there is real money here.

Since California moved their primary up to Feb 5, 2008, we are already in a time crunch. We can't gather signitures until it is released for circulation by the Attorney General, and all signatures must be submitted 133 days prior to the election. So, we will have about 120 or so days to gather em up.

I would really like to get on the Feb 5 primary. There will likely be fewer than normal ballot initiatives and that should help the cause. ( I think )

The hard part will be getting enough signatures. If we get on the ballot, I believe we have a good shot at passage.

So, good luck to us.

Tuff, the politician?? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: CA Online Poker Initiative!!

Very well written. In my opinion.

Too bad Tuff Fish interjected his anti-multitabling HUD cheater insanity to this.

I vote for BAN of OP.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 PM

Two things.

1. I wrote what I felt was doable.

2. Multitabling HUD bots/grinders would kill the game in 2-3 years tops. I envision the teachers and veterans getting excited about the prospect of decades of income.

3. This was written for the California recreational player, not pro grinders.

Tuff
Old 03-30-2007, 09:15 PM

Good work. Anti HUD seems fine to me, but why is it again that I'm only allowed to play 1 table instead of 6 and generate less rake for the great state of California? Bah.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:17 PM

Location: I wish life wasn\'t about money then I could afford a house, a car and life insurance.

[ QUOTE ]
Multitabling HUD bots/grinders would kill the game in 2-3 years tops.

[/ QUOTE ]
What evidence do you have that in the future grinders will kill the game of poker?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good work. Anti HUD seems fine to me, but why is it again that I'm only allowed to play 1 table instead of 6 and generate less rake for the great state of California? Bah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the rake you pay comes out of the accounts of 6 fish who go broke in record time, decide that online is no good and never return.

One more time. If you are taking money off the site on a regular basis, YOU are not generating anything except negative cash flow for the site. You are simply paying a commission to fish in the pond.

The state is better off having the rec players trade money amongst themselves than have you taking a regular cut off the tables.

In any case there ain't no multitabling.

If you grinders are so dead set on multitabling, FTP allows 12 tables if you talk nice to them.

Tuff
Old 03-30-2007, 10:04 PM

How many hundreds of prop players getting paid 165% rakeback will you need to keep games going since the multi-tablers wont be?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many hundreds of prop players getting paid 165% rakeback will you need to keep games going since the multi-tablers wont be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2007, 10:11 PM

Ever seen a lobby that looked like this?

[ QUOTE ]

The site software shall not support any listing any statistics as to how tables are playing as a whole. This shall include but not be limited to, percentage of players seeing the flop and average pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kit Kat bar?

Almost all sites at one time or another used props to get games running. Many still do. The ones that don't have a good population of multitablers.