Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Extracting value from the donk bet (25nl)

One of my biggest problems, I think, is failing to extract the most from villains who would have called that extra bet or who's calling range I crush. Anyway, that aside, I flop the nuts here, and want to go about extracting the most from it. Do you raise the flop or, it being a relatively dry board, flat call and try get more money in on the turn?

On the turn, we're faced with the donk bet...What does this mean? I assume that we definitely raise on the turn, but how much?

Reads...The donk bettor is 65/17/0.67 over 71 hands
The other villain in the hand is 76/11/0.52 over only 17 hands

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $21.61
Hero (BB): $49.67
UTG: $20.89
CO: $51.08
BTN: $23.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.25, UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25

Flop: ($2) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.57</font>, Hero calls $1.57, UTG calls $1.57, CO folds

Turn: ($6.71) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.00</font>, Hero ????
Old 09-14-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Extracting value from the donk bet (25nl)

RAISE the flop..The only time I would flat is if I had a reason to believe there would be a raise behind me..

I do not play straight slow in multi way pot...To mant turn cards will either kill your hands and/or your action..
Old 09-14-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Extracting value from the donk bet (25nl)

In this case though there's no flush draw and no higher straight draw (Except jack-nine for a 3 outter gutshot), the only turn card that possibly kills my hand is the board pairing in the unlikely event it gives someone a house or an 8 in the even less likely event there's j-9 out there and sticking around. Killing my action is a different story, though yeah...