Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 10:15 AM

Default PT for review sessions

What is the role of PT in review sessions? Can I use PT to somehow send the sessions to my partner in a format that is better than raw histories?
Or do you use your PT to upload the hand histories once they are sent to you?
So far, I've exported hand histories to files, and when it does this, you get raw hand histories. I may then convert them, but I'm wondering what PT can do to make the files easier to read for my partner. Generally, while I love the program for its basics, some of the more advanced functions, I find very counterintuitive and hard to use.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: PT for review sessions

So people upload their partners' hands to PT and then watch them replayed with the animation? Is that the alternative to raw hand histories? I'm just trying to figure out what PT DOES with individual hands (as opposed to generating stats for the whole game) that is of use in these rev sessions.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:04 AM

What do you mean by partner?

You can replay any hand that is in your PT database just by clicking the little green "r" button.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 PM

I mean a partner for review sessions. The idea is that we can use PT somehow for review sessions. But I'm not seeing what it does with hand histories (other than listing them as raw hand histories) that I can transmit.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:38 PM

Yea, sorry. I dont' know how you import the raw hand histories, but I'm sure someone here knows.

Once you find out, though, you can create a separate PT database with your friends hand histories and use the replayer feature.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 PM

I basically use PT for exporting out just the hands/sessions i want from pokertracker. For me it is easier to do this than retreiving the HH file from whereever ive got Pokertracker moving them to when I import.