Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: 0.5-1 full house hand.....3bet turn or call

I don't know I like checkraising better. If I bet he could just fold AJ. With a checkraise he might bet and call a checkraise, then he maybe get's an ace or a draw etc. So then you make more value. If he checks behind doesn't matter I just bet and he probably would call down with that same AJ thinkin I'm bluffing. But that are just my thoughts.

You're very close Sushiglutton [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]....he had KK.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know I like checkraising better. If I bet he could just fold AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since opponent limped in, I tend to not give him credit for such a good hand as AJ. In fact, after the flop we flop such a monster that we want to extract value. We can't expect a hand like 98s or KJ to bet it for us. You lost some value there. Hands like PP or even some Ax values call you down and Qx (x = good kicker) raises you -> more value.

[ QUOTE ]

With a checkraise he might bet and call a checkraise, then he maybe get's an ace or a draw etc. So then you make more value.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then again, he might not bet at all. Which he did here.

[ QUOTE ]

If he checks behind doesn't matter I just bet and he probably would call down with that same AJ thinkin I'm bluffing. But that are just my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, your line is perfect if you know villain is aggro maniac. Then you can expect him to bet into such a dry board, but your post said "no read".

For the actual question on the 3bet or calldown, I actually don't know. In the heat of the moment, I would've probably 3-bet, because of the check on the flop, but I don't think a calldown is bad either. This is a HU situation, where a read would really help.

[ QUOTE ]

You're very close Sushiglutton [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]....he had KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG. SN? j/k.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM

never 3bet ever
Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check planning to checkraise

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]
I bet, he now raises..

[/ QUOTE ]

i call down. if he has a Q that is your punishment for not betting the flop. If he doesn't have a Q or a 2, that is your punishment for not betting the flop.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 AM

euro, you do realise that checkraising at this limit usually just causes your opponents to slow right down (c/c or just fold) unless of course they have you beat? This is why Ive said to you before that you seem to checkraise too much and for the wrong reasons in HU pots....and this is also so why checkraising is powerful when you have a hand with which want to eliminate as much of the field as possible.

yep, donking is the new CR*...they never suspect you have it when you donk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

*but dont try to cookbook it....reads, tableconditions, preflop actions etc etc should always be considered yadyadayadableh
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know I like checkraising better. If I bet he could just fold AJ. With a checkraise he might bet and call a checkraise, then he maybe get's an ace or a draw etc. So then you make more value. If he checks behind doesn't matter I just bet and he probably would call down with that same AJ thinkin I'm bluffing. But that are just my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how you think everything will work perfectly for you if you check-raise. It shows a true depth of analysis.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Yeeah! Looked like a double sloooow play.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 AM

I would ordinarily bet this flop without even looking at my cards, so I'm definitely betting since I actually have a good hand this time.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would ordinarily bet this flop without even looking at my cards, so I'm definitely betting since I actually have a good hand this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand why we should bet here with any two cards. The pot is microscopic and this is a level full of villains that peel lightly, so I don't see us having a lot of fold equity here. Do we really want to invest a bet getting less than 2.5:1 with 64 offsuit out of position against a villain that we have no reads on?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand why we should bet here with any two cards. The pot is microscopic and this is a level full of villains that peel lightly, so I don't see us having a lot of fold equity here. Do we really want to invest a bet getting less than 2.5:1 with 64 offsuit out of position against a villain that we have no reads on?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that if you're getting 2.5:1 that your only needs to be successful about 28% of the time for it to be profitable, right? That's as frequent as racing AK against AQ and seeing AQ win. It doesn't happen a majority of the time, but it still happens often.

Even if villains "peel lightly" in a full ring game on a Q22 board (which I don't think I necessarily agree with), I would be surprised if villain is peeling ATC. Knowing more about villain's hand range and tendencies help, but continually passing up on opportunities to pick up small pots causes a decrease in your potential win rate.

(Notice that the small pot makes will also make villain less likely to call with nothing because it's not worth it for him, either).