Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Middle Pair

Well PF isn't very clear but if it's a 5 way pot and two have checked to you, thus leaving two behind I'd bet. You're up against loose players who are terrible and will call with A2o here all day.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is betting wrong here? I think I bet here..

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's wrong but I definitely think checking is preferable. Most of these loose passives will call a queen as opposed to raising it. Checking give us the information we need to make a better decision. If you bet all kinds of bad things can happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but if you check all bad thing can happen too right?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:28 PM

I usually fold here. Someone usually (80% of the time) has a Q or better. So I'm drawing to max 5 outs, but I'm also up against a diamond draw.

I rarely find that I've folded the best hand when it comes to a show down. Might be that I'm folding to a bluff, but someone usually calls to the river.

It seems like I get middle pair often. I find that when I semibluff with it I seem to be spewing chips. This only works for specific players that will fold on the river when they miss there over draw. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is betting wrong here? I think I bet here..

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's wrong but I definitely think checking is preferable. Most of these loose passives will call a queen as opposed to raising it. Checking give us the information we need to make a better decision. If you bet all kinds of bad things can happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but if you check all bad thing can happen too right?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the worst that could happen? It comes back bet and raised and you get away cheap? You get a free card? You get to almost close the action and peel one in a big multiway pot for one more bet? These are good things.