Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: White guy attempting to date Korean woman. Help, plz, k thx.

I have game, just little experience dealing with women who aren't native to the US. I dated an Iranian chick in college, but she was more white then me, so that doesn't count. Plus, I'm pretty into this girl, so the goal is you know, not to just to sleep with her.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The game features eight characters players can "punish": "ex-girlfriend", "ex-boyfriend", "gangster", "mother-in-law", "Gold-digger", "Prostitute", "child molester" and "Con-artist". During gameplay, the facial expression of the chosen character is displayed on a monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Left to right: Con Artist, Prostitute, Gangster, Mother-in-Law, Ex-Boyfriend, Ex-Girlfriend, Gold Digger, Child Molester? That's one hell of an ugly ex-gf but that blonde sloooot has to be a gold digger. Also prostitute/con-artist may be interchangable?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, lets say you go to France and you speak French decently enough and you start dating a French girl who doesn't know a damn bit of English.

After a date or two she comes up and says in really lousy english, "Hi, how are you today" and is all proud of herself.

Would her doing this have absolutely ANYTHING to do with your attraction to her?

My guess is probably not.

My advice is to not worry about the language thing.
If things progress then maybe you can start to learn her language a little bit if you think it would be kind of fun and/or bonding.

Ask her questions about her language or culture and how things are different if it seems an appropriate conversation.
But don't be so intimidated by the fact that she's from somewhere else that you are really afraid of offending her somehow. Just be yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in! Chicks are different than dudes. I wouldn't give a [censored] myself, but most chicks would probably like it a lot.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:47 AM

Ive lived in Korea for a few years, speak the language semi-fluently and have dated a lot of Korean girls. Its pretty obvious no one in this thread has any clue at all about Korean girls or Korean culture. Korean girls love when a guy speaks her language, even just a little bit. However, its probably one of the more difficult languages in the world to learn. Even pronounciation for the most basic of phrases takes a while to get used to. I would just express interest in her language and learn basic phrases from her here and there and use them when you can. She will find it cute and appreciate you taking an interest in her language. When you are speaking in English, speak to her slowly, dont use too many long difficult words and help her out when she seems to not understand. Korean girls generally appreciate a strong guy with a soft side, being over-macho or cool will probably just make you look stupid. The other thing is a large part of Korean culture revolves around food. Giving someone good food or encouraging them to eat more is a show of affection, often on the phone Korean people will ask "have you eaten?" or will just say "make sure you eat a lot". When it comes to sex, you can think of Korean girls much like old fashioned american girls. They tend to wait a bit longer before their first time and dont talk about sex openly. Dont let that prevent you from trying anything, if she gives you any of the normal signs take her back to your house or somewhere else you guys can be alone and watch a movie. You should be able to pretty quickly find where her comfort level is at.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:11 AM

You are WAY overthinking this. From my experience with language students (5 years in Vancouver, the capitol of Asian english students), they are much more interested in finding YOU than you are in finding them. Having a local "boyfriend" who can show them the area, introduce them to his friends and help them practice the language is very desirable.

Be thankful (hopeful?) you got to her first and play it cool from there.

I only know one word in Korean: Komsa-hamida (means thank you).

GL!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive lived in Korea for a few years, speak the language semi-fluently and have dated a lot of Korean girls. Its pretty obvious no one in this thread has any clue at all about Korean girls or Korean culture . Korean girls love when a guy speaks her language, even just a little bit. However, its probably one of the more difficult languages in the world to learn. Even pronounciation for the most basic of phrases takes a while to get used to. I would just express interest in her language and learn basic phrases from her here and there and use them when you can. She will find it cute and appreciate you taking an interest in her language. When you are speaking in English, speak to her slowly, dont use too many long difficult words and help her out when she seems to not understand. Korean girls generally appreciate a strong guy with a soft side, being over-macho or cool will probably just make you look stupid. The other thing is a large part of Korean culture revolves around food. Giving someone good food or encouraging them to eat more is a show of affection, often on the phone Korean people will ask "have you eaten?" or will just say "make sure you eat a lot". When it comes to sex, you can think of Korean girls much like old fashioned american girls. They tend to wait a bit longer before their first time and dont talk about sex openly. Dont let that prevent you from trying anything, if she gives you any of the normal signs take her back to your house or somewhere else you guys can be alone and watch a movie. You should be able to pretty quickly find where her comfort level is at.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll assume you didn't mean me.

the food is great advice though
Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 AM

Repeat

Onions on my sneakers
Onions on my sneakers
Onions on my sneakers
Onions on my sneakers
Onions on my sneakers
Old 07-16-2007, 10:09 AM

useless w/o pics
Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 AM

Do you want to date her or bang her?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you want to date her or bang her?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is redundant.