Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Another \"Stars is a rock garden since UIGEA\" post.....

There was a good post in the latest "poker stars is rigged" thread by MicroBob that has spawned this one.( #11582444) I figured that I would start a new thread since this really has nothing to do with rigging because I don't believe stars is rigged and believe that most if not all of the people who think this or that is rigged or the dealer is out to get them just lack a fundamental understanding of variance. Which is messed up considering how this site has an absolutely sick amount of good information.

Anyway that BS aside I have found even the micro stakes cash games on stars to be harder to beat. Now granted, I understand some of you have posted that this idea is ridiculous. I respect that, however I think those people who say that are better players than me. I am around a 3-4 PTBB (pre UIGEA) player and have only been playing for about 3-4 years. From what I understand an excellent player can sustain 8. So that I guess makes me an average player. Which I think is why I am finding them harder to beat.

Before the UIEGA while these games were not like party poker, you could still find juicy games. Now, while I can still beat them, its at a much smaller rate and its just does not seem worth the time. Now granted I have more hands played pre UIGEA so it could be variance, but it just doesnt feel like it, if that makes sense. The games are just tight. I am finding that I am changing tables much more often, its like you get to a decent table with a good average pot size, and within 10-30 minutes its down to the point where its time to change tables.

Has anyone else found this to be the case? Its gotten to the point where I have just stopped playing the cash games and have found the Turbo SNG's to be good. Usually I like to have an even mix between cash games and sng's, but right now i just play the turbo's. They contain the massively horrendous plays that I look for in a game.

Are any of you out there sustaining 8 PTBB on stars cash games? If you have had a similar experience, have you found any adjustments to work for you?

It doesn't seem to be much better on full tilt. Thank god for the 45 turbo's on Stars.

Any thoughts are appreciated.