Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Default 4,4 Co

SB is a fish and BB is a tag

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB
Old 08-03-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: 4,4 Co

sure, he obviously doesn't have a good hand here.

if I had a good hand I'd let him barrel off some more, but he's going to be making a ftop mistake if he folds almost anything to our raise.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:08 PM

What do you guys do with ace high here? What type of hand do you think is most likely for the TAG if the fish is a peeler?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 PM

I seriously can't think of a single reasonable hands that BB can have here, unless he is on a total bluff. he should know we are going to bet this 100% and he is in good relative position to trap the fish, so why would he ever take this line with a good hand

the difference between 44 and Ax here is that if villain somehow shows up with a good hand we will usually have more outs to win with AX, so we don't want to put ourself in the position of folding to or having to call a flop 3bet

if I'm totally sure he can't have a good hand then I think a raise with Ax is better to induce ftop mistake folds from live 6 outers
Old 08-03-2007, 01:21 PM

If the fish is a peeler I get the feeling he has ace high or a weak pocket pair here alot. I could imagine his thought process being "I might have the best hand, I'm getting 6 to 1, I might fold the TAG's better ace high and get heads up with the fish". This is just speculation, I never have a good idea what donkbets mean.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 PM

That seems like a reasonable part of his range Sharpie and a reasonable thought process. I agree he is going to be weak the majority of the time.