Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Trip Report 1/2NL and smal tourneys MGM, MB, WYNN - Day 1

[ QUOTE ]
I yank the sheets off from the foot of the bed and eventually find the tag and write down all the info. I’m buying one of these I’ve decided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice trip report, thanks for sharing.

What did the bed turn out to be? I found our last bed the same way. Stayed at the W in Chicago, woke up in the morning and said "I'm buying one of these." Now it's in the guest room, and we constantly get people asking us what it is....

-> http://www.whotelsthestore.com/item.asp?curr_item_id=5
Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 PM

it was a serta presidential, but might be hard to find locally with the way mattress manufacturers have 20 names for the same mattress.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was a serta presidential, but might be hard to find locally with the way mattress manufacturers have 20 names for the same mattress.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Setra Presidential is a Perfect Sleeper with a coil count of 848 (14 3/4 guage wire)in a Queen size. You won't find that coil count in any retail store. But, go to as America's Mattress store if you have one in your area. They will have a set that closely matches that. Serta is the only brand I hav eon my floor and I'm asked every day about how someone can get the same thing that they slept in at their hotel. Retail stores don't get the 14-3/4 guage wire until the Perfect Day line ( 924 coils)
Old 11-09-2007, 04:33 PM

wow - lot more info than bargained for on a poker mesg board. there's no America's Mattress store here in Dallas I'm sure so what would be an equivalent to that bed in the Serta line? Is that guage thicker than what's available usually?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:59 PM

What price range should one expect for such a bed in King or CA King size?

I missed out on the W Hotel sale. 40% off would have been nice.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:42 PM

Chekraze, I would go to Serta's website to find a dealer near you. Enter your zipcode inthe search box you'll find right under the picture of Vera Wang.

You're right, in can be confusing to consumers because every retailer want exclusivity by getting different names on the same mattresses. But each matt. has SKU number located on the tag that you'll find on the foot of the matt. in the lower right corner It's a 6 digit number like 239541. The guage you'll find in Perfect Sleepers is 13-1/4. Perfect Days have 14-3/4 guage wire. The lower the nmber, the thicker the wire. The Presidential (and Serta suite Dreams) also uses 14-3/4.

Go to a dealer near you and just ask hin what he has onhis floor that is comparable to the Presidential you slept on at MGM. He should be able to help you. Once you find a few you like hit me up on PM with the sku number and the price he's offering. I'll tell you what he's paying for it and what you should be able to negotiate off that price.

Hope this helps,

whodat