Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Full Tilt Supports 2+2

Recently I sent your typical Boomswitch vs Doomswitch email to FTP to see what they would respond. (In past we have seen some pretty funny responses) I received my response today and it included an interesting paragraph at the end...

My email to FTP first...

Hello! Thank you for running a top notch online poker site!.

My question is kind of a tough one. Actually a two part question. The first one is: How do you decide who gets the Doomswitch and who gets the Boomswitch. I would really prefer if I didn't have the doomswitch turned on any longer. I have lost enough money recently. My second question is
who decides who gets the Doomswitch or Boomswitch. I would really enjoy pleading my case that I deserve to possibly get on the good side of a few coin flips.

Thanks so much in advance for your response.

Their reply...

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

As an avid poker player, I certainly understand your frustrations with bad beats and general negative variance. I have myself been through prolonged streaks of both good and bad luck.

Please consider that as well as being technically close to impossible, there is no motivation for a poker site to "rig" the deck in favor or against a specific player. From a business standpoint, it makes sense to keep players happy, and the best way to keep players happy is to provide
a legit, fair, and friendly game. This is why site integrity is of paramount importance to us.

Unfortunately in the short-run, variance is such a large factor in poker, and many players will receive more than their expected average of premium hands in terms of card distribution and consequently at times, less than their expected average of premium hands. The same can be said
in terms of hitting flops and completing draws or having hands hold up. It is only when dealing with very large numbers that a player's average statistics will approach its expected average. This is where the expression, "professionals play by the month, not by the day" is derived.

Understand that there is no "doom switch" but there certainly is statistical variance. It is only when speaking of tens of thousands of hands that personal statistics begin to approach its theoretical expectation. For players that play this game for a living, it is imperative that they keep a very large bankroll to endure such fluctuation. It is well known that an excellent player that may win from 1 to 2 big bets an hour playing limit can lose 300-500 big bets, and a
winning no-limit player can endure a run of 20 or more buy-in losses, again due to variance. In sit and gos, 20 to 30 session droughts in which a player does not cash is not uncommon. These are taken into account, and professionals are very conscientious of when to move down limits to lower their risk of ruination to a reasonable level. Knowledge
of these statistics will not make these players immune to bad beats--nobody is--however, they will react better when these inevitable bad runs do occur. Also, these same players are very honest with themselves, analyzing when they are running bad, and when they are playing bad. It is often the level of honesty that separates an excellent player from someone who is merely above average.

I strongly suggest that you visit the poker forums in the link below; it is the largest poker forum that is visited by many poker enthusiasts such as yourself, and is an unbiased third party to our site (and any other poker sites in business). I believe that the voice of the general poker community will be more persuasive in dissuading you of your belief that online poker is rigged.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ubbthreads.php

On behalf of Full Tilt Poker, I wish you the best of luck at the tables.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Regards,

Richard
Full Tilt Poker Support

Please FT don't send us your whining donkeys who just lost there only buy in of NL100.

(btw I understand making one of my first posts in BBV is asking to be flamed)

GG
Old 09-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Supports 2+2

Please don't send them to BBV where there are "Absolute Poker is rigged" threads
Old 09-20-2007, 12:11 PM

This is not new, they have been doing this for a while. You are the one who sent the email in the first place.

/lock thread
Old 09-20-2007, 12:20 PM

lol they send them here b/c were the onyl ones that torture them with this [censored]
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 PM

Yeah, isn't that just their way of saying "go back to BBV where you belong"?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe that the voice of the general poker community will be more persuasive in dissuading you of your belief that online poker is rigged.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ubbthreads.php

On behalf of Full Tilt Poker, I wish you the best of luck at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

On behalf of 2+2,

It's rigged.

Thankyou
Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 PM

bbv will set you free
Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM

mwhahah they should direct pple to one of pocket 5's fish advice topics.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:17 PM

If someone who has loads of time on their hands could go and fish out all of the threads where someone has quoted this exact email that would be kl.