Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: GG BODOG GG

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they're handling this particularly well.

When I tried to login, it gave me a Firewall error, saying nothing about how to fix it, going to newbodog and redownloading the software fixed this immediately but I only did it because of 2p2.

How hard would it be for them to temporarily change the google search to have the main hit be newbodog? A smooth transition seems important here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the exact same story, and agree that something more than emails are needed here...

i'll leave my money there for now, however this all will make sure that i'll be contacting my old bookie to make sure i'm good with him, just in case...bad timing with the start of football..
Old 08-30-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its business as usual at bodog, everything is running just as it was. This is just a domain name dispute because some douche is trying to extort money from online gaming sites because of a lame patent he filed back in the day. It's cleary an abuse of the system.

Withdrawing your monies is just alarmist and does nothing to help the problem. If you withdraw and play elsewhere that other site you choose is next in line for extortion because this frivolous patent potentially applies to ALL sites currently operating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my point is it doesn't matter either way. Unless you can get your money out instantly you basically have the same amount of risk as before this incident.

My understanding is this case is slightly different only because it was registered from a US registrar. My guess is right around yesterday no one else had this problem.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP is getting time off for being a twit and rumor mongering without providing any of the easily available evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absurd. OP did absolutely nothing wrong. He provided valuable info, and put up with a lot of abuse while he made diligent attempts to answer people's questions.

It's not OP's responsibility to understand the complete story and post everything relevant to it. He did not intentionally mislead anyone, and was sincere in his attempts to protect 2p2 members.

Dids, you are a terrible terrible mod. The worst I've ever seen.

(No, OP is not another account of mine.)
Old 08-30-2007, 06:40 PM

The OP is a [censored] idiot.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:53 PM

The OP did not provide any info whatsoever. This despite the fact that at any time he could have linked to a site that would have made sense of what he was saying. At best that's lazy posting, at worst, it's trolling.

Please go respond to this post with a forced analogy about trading.