Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Fashion - Going Out (Without Coming Out!)

[ QUOTE ]
KBZ,

That's exactly what I'm talking about when I mention design/graphic t-shirts.

I think I'm actually the one who introduced OOT to Oddica in the definitive OOT t-shirt thread by shant (anyone looking for cool t-shirts MUST read that thread).

Searching for Oddica in OOT will find you a couple more t-shirt threads as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I owe you man! I've gotten laid b/c of those T shirts!!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:43 PM

Tigers are awesome and reasonably priced, just bought this pair:

As for shopping on a budget, not sure where everyone is located but I just found H&M and really liked it. A lot of basic, classic clothing that is cheap. This is a good place to buy standard clothing that can be used in many different occasions.

One thing that I think is overlooked by most guys is picking colors that look good on you. Red, for instance, is a color that just makes me look horrible. Complexion and hair color are important. This was suggested by another poster and, although a lot of it is about suits and more dressed up attire, it helps get the basics down: Dressing the Man. This has been helpful to me by giving me the confidence to "explore" my personal style. By having a good base to work from, I'm more willing to purchase things that I might not have before because I'm confident in fit and color.

Another thing I'm beginning to do is look more carefully at what others are wearing. By doing this, I'm seeing things that might work for me that I haven't tried or things that could work for me with a little adjustment.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:56 PM

As far as shoes go, what are the thoughts on sandals? Many of the folks I know wear "nice" sandals (birkenstocks) with just about everything. I really like to rock the sandals in the summer, but only with shorts and the linen shirts that I have. Can you wear sandals with casual pants and not look stupid? What brands of sandals are the best?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that I think is overlooked by most guys is picking colors that look good on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. If you have blue eyes, as I do, a dark (but not too dark) blue shirt will make them like electrified or something. I have been told this so many times by so many different women that I take it to the bank. And I can see the same thing in my wife's green eyes when she wears like a jade shade of green.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:22 AM

A good blog for people who just want to check out random people who are dressed generally very well: The Sartorialist
Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 AM

Looks like I might be the only one that digs Skechers? I like how they're sort of dressy but not really. Some Steve Madden dress shoes are the same way.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:34 AM

If you live in a colder state (like me in MN) there isn't a lot of time where a blazer is all I'd want to wear... In the summer I'd be too hot and in the long winter I'd have to wear a coat over the top anyway. For some reason I feel like a blazer/sport coat + overcoat is a little formal for a normal night out... maybe thats just me.

In the winter I usually just wear a black wool (I think its a wool/cashmere blend) overcoat over a sweater or long sleeve shirt (t-shirt or button up) with dark jeans...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which, what are common fashion mistakes made by 18-35 year old males?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never tucking in their shirts. I guess sometimes this is OK but in that age group people never seem to tuck in their shirt tails outside of the workplace and they should. In fact, I believe GQ has an article about this in the current issue but I have not read it yet.

Wait, in fact here it is:

GQ Article

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it looks kinda ridiculous with a jacket and tie. Is it still a faux pas if you're just wearing a button down shirt, no tie, no jacket, and a pair of jeans?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it looks kinda ridiculous with a jacket and tie. Is it still a faux pas if you're just wearing a button down shirt, no tie, no jacket, and a pair of jeans?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it looks just fine, and if anything, would look pretty silly having a button down tucked into jeans.

My question would be with slacks though? I tend to tuck in for the most part because the shirts I wear, the cut calls for it to be tucked. My one lady friend gives me crap everytime though saying I look like I'm headed to prom.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:46 AM

I dont wear jeans with long sleeves for some reason, but no, dont tuck a shirt into jeans, short sleeved or long. IggyWh, your lady friend is a hoosier, tuck in all your long sleeved, collared shirts (slacks)