Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Your most memorable Birthday

Because tomorrow is Timex's 18th birthday and he will be playing the WSOP in Europe as his first live poker experience, I got to thinking about my 18th birthday. I honestly can't remember it, and there are really only a couple of birthdays I actually DO remember. My question to the forum:

Which of your birthdays have been the most memorable to you?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Your most memorable Birthday

My birthday is in the summer (August), which may make me a little bit jaded because it I never had to go to school or do something that would make it just another day, so I remember most of mine pretty well.

For me my most memorable birthday was my 19th, which ended up being a last hurrah for my closest friends from high school sitting around and relaxing. Very soon after we all left to various schools across the country, and we haven't been all in the same state at once since. There are very few people I connect with as deeply, and our last party together before going on our independent lives is special to me.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 PM

after my bar mitzvah (13) i didn't really have big birthday parties...now its usually dinner with friends or a weekend trip to vegas or something...
Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM

Lost my virginity on my 17th. Nothing else really comes to mind.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:15 PM

you reminded me of one of mine- thank you. My b-day is in the summer, too (July 31) and we always took family vacations during that time. On my 5th birthday, my parents gave me the choice of where we were going on vacation. Unbeknownst to me at the time, they had already planned our trip to a cabin in Tennessee with 2 other families. I chose to go to the county fair, lol.
I can still remember the looks on their faces. We ended up doing both, because they really screwed themselves, and with 4 kids I know this wasn't an easy feat for them. Funny, funny memory, and a really great trip.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. On my 5th birthday, my parents gave me the choice of where we were going on vacation. Unbeknownst to me at the time, they had already planned our trip to a cabin in Tennessee with 2 other families.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand this is possibly the worst sounding idea i've ever heard
Old 09-10-2007, 09:22 PM

I dont know which birthdays they were exactly, but the two that stick out were when I was much younger, on one fo the bdays we had a clown that, for a 5 or 6 year olds did some amazing magic tricks, at the other one, we had pony rides in my grandmas backyard in the middle of the city, we enjoyed the pooping more than anything

when I turned 21, my buddy got even more lit than I did and did the curly (lay on the ground and spin), in the middle of a bar w/ no shirt on...crazy night
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM

i'm not really a big birthday person, so my most memorable would be the biggest party i guess.

my 21st we had a party with ~200 people or so at our house and i knew every single one. my friends DJed and played live music in different rooms, we had some strippers. that's about all i can write about without implicating anyone criminally.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:24 PM

we each had our own cabin in a little village situation by some lake. It was actually very nice, but times have changed considerably and I doubt many families do things like this anymore.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we each had our own cabin in a little village situation by some lake. It was actually very nice, but times have changed considerably and I doubt many families do things like this anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i mean telling a little girl she can go anywhere when you've already scheduled a vacation to tennessee.

it just sounds like a hudge recipe for disaster