Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Love a girl but there is a dilemma

I don't think "soulmate" discussions even enter into it. We're not talking about a suicide pact here, we're talking about a mildly annoying and very common STI.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are ugly as sin with a 1" micro-penis, you should leave her and find someone else. There is no such thing as "the one", there are many "the ones". Further, no matter how much in love you are today, I guarantee that you will not feel the same way 5-years from now and you will regret and very likely resent her for the "gift" that she is about to give you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on the worst post in the thread. Taboo as it may be...ITS FREAKING TEH HERP. Who cares? Its not that big of a deal, honestly, and yes, you can just use condoms until you are married/dont want to anymore/are committed. The whole time I was reading this thread I was thinking "This had better be HIV" and then I find out its herpes. I guess thats better than like syph or the clap or something, but seriously, theres a good chance you are gonna get herpes anyway. I wouldnt let this impact your decision in any real way.

Edit: You cant get herpes from SIIHP. ITS A MEDICAL FACT.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:55 PM

In all seriousness, please recognize that you will not feel this way about her after X-years. Also, I do believe that there are soul mates, tons and tons of them.

Your reply raises a question that I think highlights some very real concerns. Where do you rate yourself, where do you rate her and where does she rate herself and you in your relationship? At or near equal has to be the answer for all, otherwise the unequal dynamics will overwhelm one of you.

How old are you? If you are over 27 and you want to spend the rest of your life with this woman, I would consider disregarding the std. But, if you are under that age, I would let her go. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:56 PM

Do you care about her?

I mean, Propertarian's post was great, but screw the science.

Are you looking at her as a rare prize or do you care about her?

Anyhow, just have very safe sex and it's entirely possible you won't contract it any time before you break up.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you care about her?

I mean, Propertarian's post was great, but screw the science.

Anyhow, just have very safe sex and it's entirely possible you won't contract it any time before you break up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I care about her a lot. I think I'm going to go for it and just wear condoms until I feel ready.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, please recognize that you will not feel this way about her after X-years. Also, I do believe that there are soul mates, tons and tons of them.

Your reply raises a question that I think highlights some very real concerns. Where do you rate yourself, where do you rate her and where does she rate herself and you in your relationship? At or near equal has to be the answer for all, otherwise the unequal dynamics will overwhelm one of you.

How old are you? If you are over 27 and you want to spend the rest of your life with this woman, I would consider disregarding the std. But, if you are under that age, I would let her go. Good luck with whatever you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do ages even matter? That seems a bit arbitrary to assign some random age as the cutoff as to whether I stay with her or not.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:07 PM

I would post this in OOT if I were you.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to admit I was thinking the same when reading the OP. But I think the answer on the herpes question is the same regardless.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to admit I was thinking the same when reading the OP. But I think the answer on the herpes question is the same regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's in "my league." If that's what you're getting at. But yeah I posted it in the OOT forum, thanks for your replies.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:16 PM

That's not what I meant. And I doubt it's what mad meant - but he can clarify that I'm sure. The point is you didn't once mention or register how she feels or might feel in your OP, you just presented a value decision in terms of what you get out of it.