Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: *** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again **

[ QUOTE ]
Any real shot Warner starts next week or was this just sort of a "Leinart being confused against really good defense so get him out of there because we still have a chance but he's still our starter"?

[/ QUOTE ]

no it was part of the coaches game plan to use warner in a no huddle at the end of the first half..but because they were down by like 15 and Matt was confused they just went with the no huddle for the whole game

Matt will be starting next week baring injury
Old 09-23-2007, 11:55 PM

This is such an awesome broken record:

"Leinart is the future of the franchise"

"Warner is injury-prone and washed up"

Yet it's Warner who has repeatedly stepped up and Leinart who keeps falling short. Kurt Warner, when healthy, is such a ridiculously underrated passer, yet the franchise (STL, NYG, and now AZ) keeps trying to bury him in favor of unproven talent (Bulger, Eli Manning, Leinart). He's had his issues but I don't know how he keeps putting up with this crap when he deserves better.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kurt Warner, when healthy, is such a ridiculously underrated passer, yet the franchise (STL, NYG, and now AZ) keeps trying to bury him in favor of unproven talent (Bulger, Eli Manning, Leinart). He's had his issues but I don't know how he keeps putting up with this crap when he deserves better.

[/ QUOTE ]Hard to say an MVP is underrated. Warner had massive fumbling issues over his last few spans as a starter. Maybe this was due to injuries, I don't know without more insider type info. Everyone knows what type of player he is capable of being but it sure looked like those days were gone. Probably worth a shot if you're a team that could plausibly contend for division that your backup has regained form. Unless it blows Leinart's ego or something...
Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 AM

tuq,

I like Warner. Anyone who writes off his career in St. Louis because he was surrounded by lots of talent is an idiot IMO. He had the release of Marino & the ability to step into a throw knowing he was going to killed like Fouts.

At some point he just became a little gunshy or something; maybe from taking too many hits. He is a turnover waiting to happen. I mean he fumbles like every time he gets hit now.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At some point he just became a little gunshy or something; maybe from taking too many hits. He is a turnover waiting to happen. I mean he fumbles like every time he gets hit now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't argue with this, but when he's on and healthy he's still among the very best. I feel like last year they couldn't rush him to the sidelines quickly enough, primarily because of their interest in developing Leinart. I guess I just feel this is a disservice to him when he could still be definitively better than Leinart.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 AM

Warner messed up his hand several times and reportdly this causes the fumbles....he no longer has great strength in the hand and has trouble griping the ball. He denies it though.

I think it also may be why he always wears those gloves that are normally used just when the weather is bad.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 AM

I believe, but am not positive, that his fumbling issues are related to the hand injury he suffered in StL.

This was some irony toady. Fantasy-wise, I had Warner as a nice backup last year. I thought he would produce decent numbers with those receivers. Then Leinart comes in.

This year, I take Leinart as a backup for the same reasons [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 AM

Warner is also one concussion away from being in Wayne Chrebet territory
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe, but am not positive, that his fumbling issues are related to the hand injury he suffered in StL. Something like a broken hand that never quite healed

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya he injured the hand twice.
Broken thumb i believe then a franctured hand or the tendons/ligaments in his hand got fubared
Old 09-24-2007, 12:35 AM

I am well aware of Warner's injuries. I just enjoy how quick that makes him to be written off by seemingly better knowing GMs, who fail repeatedly in their mission to prove he's washed up but can still function as a veteran backup. Granted it's not an easy position for them but I do get annoyed by their agenda.