Default Re: party poker grindload

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did they ever do the $40K draw?

They are very quiet about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats this?

[/ QUOTE ]
The $40K is the money equivalent for the Mini Cooper S Cabrio, for which they were going to have a prize draw at the end of the promo for everyone who made the grind in both weeks. I haven't heard anything about it ever since.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 PM

I sent them an email about this on the 8th, and they responded:

"Please note that the Mini Cooper winner will be announce on September 10th on www.partypoker.com (news section)."

I've been checking every so often - but still no announcement...
I've just sent another email asking for an update...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:47 AM

just got their response

"Thank you for contacting Customer Service. Im sorry for the delay, the name of the winner will be published on the website www.partypoker.com within 48 hours. Please check the website for information. "
Old 09-16-2007, 07:57 AM

48 hours gone and still nothing on the website. I don't see why they need so much time for it anyway.

To me it seems like the draw has never taken place, which makes it false advertising.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
48 hours gone and still nothing on the website. I don't see why they need so much time for it anyway.

To me it seems like the draw has never taken place, which makes it false advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know if someone/who won the Porsche Boxster draw from Party's Jul 02 - July 25 promotion (25 party points)?
Old 09-17-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know if someone/who won the Porsche Boxster draw from Party's Jul 02 - July 25 promotion (25 party points)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Another 48 hours and still nothing... The way Party didn't list when the draw was gonna take place in the T&C makes me think it's not gonna ever happen...

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 07:46 PM

This grind promotion has left such a bad taste with me.

I sent them another email this time yesterday asking for an update on the draw and have not got a response. I also think the draw is not happening.

FYI -

I got burnt the first week of the grind.
On the second day, I realised I was about 15 points short of my 50 day target with an hour to go for the day. so I jump on 4 tables. I closed one before 12:00 and the other three a minute or so after. I check my points balance and the points for the tables I closed in the new day went to the new day, and leaving me short for the tuesday.

So I sent them an email asking what is going on? and could they transfer those points, which were earned actualy playing on the tuesday back to the tuesday.
They responded saying it was a known problem, and will be fixed within 48 hours.....

So I send them the follow up email after 3 days of no change asking whats going on. This time they respond by saying, no everything is working as it should be. Points are allocated to the day you close tables, and because you closed them on the wednesday etc....

My email asking where does it say this in any of the faq or t&c's and why was I sent an email saying there is a known problem. Then letting me go on and play the rest of the week went unanswered.

Even though I made a profit from it, I just spent too much time on this promotion. I play poker for a hobby, when I want to, this felt like work the whole time. I realise this is the definition of grind, but add to this the way party handled my situation and now this draw scam I just feel like a sucker.

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat:Currently frozen final tables [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Were you in the 12.5k too? Any idea on what they gonna do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last week there was a frozen table during the top 20 as well - anyone know how they compensated the people on the non-frozen table?

Everyone on the frozen table makes the final table while only one person on the non-frozen table makes it. Completely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I emailed vip support about this, and they compensated me by giving me 100$ no strings attached. We each lost on avg ~400$ of value but i guess i can't really complain, i expected 0 compensation from party. :P

So if you were on a table that got shafted either week in the Top 20, get your compensation.