Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

Hey guys, I've read most of this thread. I think I've settled on moneybookers. I plan to use moneybookers to transfer between sites, and eventually cashout through Party's EFT to my Canadian checking account. When I sign up with moneybookers, do I use a canadian or US funds account? What about for the visa card? Is this the best option for my needs?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I've read most of this thread. I think I've settled on moneybookers. I plan to use moneybookers to transfer between sites, and eventually cashout through Party's EFT to my Canadian checking account. When I sign up with moneybookers, do I use a canadian or US funds account? What about for the visa card? Is this the best option for my needs?

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't HAVE to use any bank account...I never have. I assume you could use either, someone can correct if I'm wrong. You should be setting your MB account up in US $, so I imagine you would be wise to use a US $ bank account if you are able to.

What are you asking about the Visa card?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:57 AM

Okay guys, so I have money on MB that I want to withdraw. I read back in this thread that there is a $10 hidden fee fromt he banks side if you use the bank wire transfer? Can this be confirmed?

On MB it states that I need to pay only $2.48 USD for a wire transfer and $4.83 USD for a cheque in USD.

What's the better option? Wire transfer = hidden fee?, cheque is more expensive and slower but is the upfront cost all I have to pay?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:45 PM

i see that UseMyBank isn't on your list...they are significant because pokerstars has them. i think AP and prima have them as well.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:18 AM

AFAIK UseMyBank is not an eWallet...just a way to make payments from your bank account to a poker site.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:00 AM

I did a bank wire on crypto. Looks like I lost 2 points. Not too bad and only took about a day and a half. They told me that over 500 is free although they haven't updated there sites to say that. I play a lot on crypto so thumbs up by me.

PS - You have to scan a copy of a recent bank statement and get all the wire information from your bank. I did a small transfer first of 750 to test and then a bigger one after it worked.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 AM

A friend of mine has successfully used the C2P debit card to withdraw money but he tells me he can't confirm the fees they charge because there is simply no way to check transactions or even the card balance.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine has successfully used the C2P debit card to withdraw money but he tells me he can't confirm the fees they charge because there is simply no way to check transactions or even the card balance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm... well was all the money there or not? Seems like a pretty good confirmation to me if it was or wasn't.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:45 PM

Click2pay accepts a visa debit cashout request and ... does something. Do they load the visa debit in USD or CAD? Who does the conversion and at what rate? Is there a second conversion? Does C2P ship EUR to their local visa processor and do they do the actual conversion, or is it a Canadian processor? What are their rates?

Click2pay claims to not charge a fee for USD->CAD conversions, but since they appear to perform their operations on a EUR base, there's no way that we can reasonably take their word for it because they do not run their operations on the basis of either of the currencies stated and they do not perform a physical conversion at the time of display. In fact, there's no evidence that they ever convert ANYTHING, while there is ample evidence to the contrary.

They operate in EUR but show the user a CAD balance, while the user's funds are actually USD. Are they ever going to convert more than the minimum in any direction? They've already shown their jewishness by sending out EUR checks for CAD requested transactions.

To be frank, they'd have to be crazy to not take the arbitrage opportunity that has fallen into their laps. Don't forget that they're a little bitty company and can't be trusted to not [censored] all over themselves. More to the point, they don't owe us anything, they aren't public, and there's no reason for them to do anything other than operate with vicious, naked self-interest. I wouldn't be surprised if C2P's holdings of CAD were exactly 0.

Besides, it's obvious that C2P's visa debit does not display a checking interface. That stuff costs money on their end to arrange. Without a checking interface, there's no balance inquiry. Go ahead and call them up if you want to know your balance. International rates apply.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:49 PM

Can anyone confirm if a TD Visa will work to deposit to Party Poker? Specifically, I want to use the $US Visa, but if one works I imagine they all will. Thanks.