Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Intentional miscalling of hand at showdown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it doesn't bother you to take her down a bit just say at the table at showdown she's done this in the past. Surely if she gets called out on it the whole table will be more careful in future if they play again with her.

I know you aren't the poker police but it clearly bothers you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, this bitch is bad for the game. I would call her out every time she pulled a move. For example, next time she pulls the big blind 'trick', I'd tell the table that last time she did this she had AA. Everytime she calls out her hand I'd say "careful, she has a habit of mis-calling her hands". Do it enough and hopefully she'll leave. Or she'll go on tilt and try to beat you out of pots, so value bet her until she's broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am reluctant to police the lady.
She is a regular and plays with some friends there, sometimes late at night she will have two or three friends at the table (only table going) so I don't have much interest in making multiple enemies in this type of situation. That's gotta be -EV --- known angleshooter and friends all ganging up on you.

Also, she has some other "moves" that are probably not clear angleshots that since I know what they mean - I can exploit. I know of one instance last night where I for sure saved a river bet not value betting my two pair because I knew she made a flush on the river (a real one this time, lol)

I do wonder whether I have a "responsibility" to some extent, I don't understand why the dealers don't have a talk with her, they may just think she is trying to be cute miscalling her hand since they are only dealing to her for 30 minutes at a time.