Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Default 24+2: aces gets action on hyper messy board.

Hero (2918), MP1
Villain (5,325), BB

Blinds 25/50

Villain has no stats and has been entering into just about every pot:

Folds to Hero in MP1 who raises to 150 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], folds to BB who calls:

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot 400)

Check to hero, hero bets 200, Villain raises to 943, Hero starts punching his head and contemplates quitting for good.

Flat call? Fold if a spade, Q, 9, K, J, A, 8 comes on the turn?

Fold period

Push all-in?
Old 10-06-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: 24+2: aces gets action on hyper messy board.

lol, ok, I wasn't really punching my head, I would like some advice.

Barry
Old 10-06-2007, 09:09 PM

I'd bet more on the flop. t300. Then you will have a better feel of whether villain is FOS. Also bet more because this board sucks and you want to protect your hand if you are ahead.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:12 PM

If you flat it, there's a lot of cards that could come on turn that you won't like (as you've pointed out), so I wouldn't like calling 1/3 of my stack and folding to a scare card.

My first instinct would be to shove since to me this seems like KQ with a spade, or a pair plus high spade. Since villain has been so active assigning him a range is tough but I'd lean towards him being on a big draw.

I don't have pokerstove so maybe someone can run some numbers...given the action, board, and villain's willingness to be in a lot of pots, there's an awful lot of holdings he'd play this way.

Anyways like I said my first instinct is to shove since there's way too many cards that I'd hate to see on the turn after flatting the flop..and we're in good shape against a lot of his range. Then again I have my moments of spew and this could be such a situation.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet more on the flop. t300. Then you will have a better feel of whether villain is FOS. Also bet more because this board sucks and you want to protect your hand if you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assume Barry bets 300 on the flop with the same result. Does this allow him to determine that villain is not FOS and fold?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assume Barry bets 300 on the flop with the same result. Does this allow him to determine that villain is not FOS and fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, F the t300. PSB on the flop, call a shove or re-shove. Just way too many draws and hands that we are ahead of out there to find a fold for me.

Sherman
Old 10-06-2007, 10:14 PM

actually, I misclicked, I did bet 300 on the flop.

I ask this because it seems like I'm 50/50 at best against this lose player. I know that we are ahead of so many hands, but I am also very much behind a lot of hands, including several made flushes, J10, a set of twos, maybe a set of 10s as well. All hands that RR so large here are basically saying "I'm committed" or "please, come over the top, it's your only move left." This is even from players who aren't thinking like that. See?

The default seems to be shove, but I'm starting to think that there needs to be a more incisive analysis on ALL hands, including those that are "standard" like three spade boards with AA deep against a particularly strong play.

Barry
Old 10-07-2007, 03:19 AM

check w intention of c-raising ai. if you give a free card not too bad bc if scare hits u can c-call or lead w 4 flush fold to reraise. or just c-fold and lose minimum.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:24 AM

Bet 300-400 on the flop, hoping to bet/3-bet AI. As played u can't call his raise...with your stack this is an easy 3-bet shove for (thin) value.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet 300-400 on the flop, hoping to bet/3-bet AI. As played u can't call his raise...with your stack this is an easy 3-bet shove for (thin) value.

[/ QUOTE ]