Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: 200NL - So I\'m a Calling Station

[ QUOTE ]
the turn is way scarier than the river, if you call the turn, you will very often call the river, if you weren't drawing on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

but i think 95% of TAGs fold the river here after calling the turn (w/66-88), because they were just hoping he'd shutdown, but now the bet is so big he cant call.

I dont think this is a standard river call, even after calling the turn bet. The only thing that pushed me this way was his betsizing, which i know you disagree with, and I would of snap folded to a 1/2-2/3 psb. Mainly because I think he's way more likely to bet that amount w/JJ+ or 9T, AT, something like that

edit - and i mean come on. If you've already fired 2 barrels on a scary board that ur sure villain has a weak 'middle pair or less' hand on, then i find it hard to believe that you would just check and let him take it with his POS hand
Old 09-14-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i can understand calling flop and turn, since flop is a cbet and turn is a dbl barrel sometimes, but river would not be a great triple barrel in general

i think he either has a rivered T, a flush or a 9

[/ QUOTE ]

why cant this be sets or JJ+?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

but i think 95% of TAGs fold the river here after calling the turn (w/66-88), because they were just hoping he'd shutdown, but now the bet is so big he cant call.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling 1, let alone 2 streets, and hoping an aggressive villain will slow down on the next street is a bad play (unless you have a back up plan like bluff outs or whatever) and most good tags don't do it very often at all imo

if he views you as a TAGfish than yeah, but he's not trying to fold out things like 77 w/ that river bet

[ QUOTE ]

why cant this be sets or JJ+?

[/ QUOTE ]

it can, i was just trying to figure out the most likely hands
Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 AM

Haiku for the day:

whatever really
depends on him and on you.
table selection?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:47 AM

Thing is if he has the hand he is repping (flush/set) what else can he do? He obviously figures you for something since you've called twice and if I'm in his shoes I'm betting the same way on the river.

I mean what hand range could he put you on that calls 3/4th pot twice that won't just call another on the river? No reason for him to bet like 1/3 pot now if he has every reason to think you'll call 3/4.

The hand you have is basically the absolute bottom of your range (I'd hope) for calling him twice here, you can't expect him to reasonably put you on it.

I think you out thought yourself this hand. I mean, sure its possible he is three barreling. But his range clearly has more than just bluffs in it, probably less bluffs than you'd hope.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:55 AM

This looks pretty horrible in a vaccum, not much else to be said. =/