Old 10-20-2007, 05:39 AM

Default PLO50 - completely lost

no idea what to do on turn and river. villain is 75/3/2.3

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.45</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.4, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($7.4, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $4.5</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $16.4
Old 10-20-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: PLO50 - completely lost

Would be good to see stack sizes?

Absent a strong feeling that villain is bluffing you.... shut down and check/fold on turn, not shut down and check/call turn and river.

Also betting the flop is probably not the best, why build a pot with only a gutshot and crappy FD.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:55 PM

check/fold the flop.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check/fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely agree with this. Your draws aren't very good and you haven't seen the cutoff's action yet, so you may be against a nice drawing hand, two pair or god knows what.

As played, I don't mind the c/c of 1/3 pot on the turn IF you had a good read on your opponent that he doesn't have much. Most of the time, I would fold here.

On the river, I would need a good read on my opponent to call this.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 AM

Don't listen to the nits, in a three-way pot, it's completely standard to pot the flop with pair+FD+GS. You'll take it down a lot and you've got a pretty decent shot to win even if you don't. You wouldn't want to commit yourself to the hand or call a repot or anything, but a simple lead is fine.

You shouldn't have slowed down on the turn though. The ace is a good scare card if villain had a weak two pair or was floating with Kxxx. Just bet the pot again. This will also allow you to bluff him off of a bigger one-pair hand if the river's a blank.

Either way, though, I'd probably lead the river for just under half the pot. If he rivered a straight, he's probably not going to be smart enough to fold, and when he has a bigger flush, it keeps you from having to commit too many chips to find out if your hand's good.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 AM

pretty agree with iggy
Old 10-22-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your draws aren't very good and you haven't seen the cutoff's action yet,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't listen to the nits, in a three-way pot, it's completely standard to pot the flop with pair+FD+GS. You'll take it down a lot and you've got a pretty decent shot to win even if you don't. You wouldn't want to commit yourself to the hand or call a repot or anything, but a simple lead is fine.

You shouldn't have slowed down on the turn though. The ace is a good scare card if villain had a weak two pair or was floating with Kxxx. Just bet the pot again. This will also allow you to bluff him off of a bigger one-pair hand if the river's a blank.

Either way, though, I'd probably lead the river for just under half the pot. If he rivered a straight, he's probably not going to be smart enough to fold, and when he has a bigger flush, it keeps you from having to commit too many chips to find out if your hand's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would have said anything differently. I will add to what iggy has said about leading the flop. It's nitty to not bet this flop with your hand for the simple reason that if you hit your straight or flush on the turn, you're not going to get any action because your play has become so transparent. If you hit a straight on the turn and bet it for pot, the only action you're getting is from the NFD, same straight for a chop, or 2/3 pair looking to fill up. Anything else is folding because it's it's pretty darn obvious that you're not afraid of much. If you check flop, hit your flush on the turn, then it's even worse because the only villains coming along are better flushes or donks with a worse flush except that yours is pretty poor to boot so in all likelihood you're probably behind.

You've got to bet a wide range on that flop simply to prevent transparency in your play. Way too nitty to check that flop.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:20 PM

Iggy,

"Either way, though, I'd probably lead the river for just under half the pot."

Does this mean you drop the hand if you meet any resistance to your half pot river bet? Are we to assume that if our bet is raised that we are up against the NF?

At lower limits (.50/1) do we instamuck to the raise assuming we are beat or are there instances where we would make this call (based on size of raise, quality of opponent)? My inclination would be to muck the hand in these circumstances but I'm sot sure if I'm being nitty.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:33 PM

Uhhhhh pot river plz.