Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: OT: Poker Reality TV Show Proposal

please put yves on there.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:46 AM

I rock IRL. My internet persona isn't fully developed as I don't spend a ton of time on the forums. Ship me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I agree that a house full of rich degens sounds more entertaining. Then all of America can love to hate how we can throw money around like trust fund babies.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:54 AM

nah, from my experience we chuck money around in a very different way to trust fund babies.

imo it would be awesome to see how young guys who make money gambling treat/spend money, everyone who ive ever met tahts not a poker player finds it amazing/weird at the same time
Old 11-15-2007, 03:06 AM

you should try to have at least one old-school player. David Sklansky would be perfect.

also, Brandi would make this show sooo much better.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

imo it would be awesome to see how young guys who make money gambling treat/spend money, everyone who ive ever met tahts not a poker player finds it amazing/weird at the same time

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, agree with this. You also want a presenter (hot bade ldo) who is clueless about poker (and not rich perhaps) and is genuinely amazed at all the money these guys are splashing about. (She represents what the viewer thinks.) And an interview section where you ask these guys whats the most they've spent in a day, won in a day, lost in a day etc. And have these winnings/losings happen on the show. Online competetions where everyone has 10K bankroll (or whatever, probably bankrolled by themselves, so whatever is appropriate to the stakes they normally play.) and whoever ends up with the greatest percentage gain wins the competition. And the presenter comes on and says, unbelieveable, this guy just lost/won the price of a ford focus in half an hour. On screen prop betting competitions would be good.

But yeah, you also want the voting and the competitions I think. But infusing it with what will be unique and fascinating to a viewer who doesn't care about poker is important.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 AM

Have the house somewhere outside the US, i believe there was a Real World: Ontario or something of the sort...its certainly possible to be filmed outside the US, which would take care of all the lagality problems..?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nah, from my experience we chuck money around in a very different way to trust fund babies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, Tufat. It is quite a bit different, but I think it could have a similar yet more interesting affect on screen.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have the house somewhere outside the US, i believe there was a Real World: Ontario or something of the sort...its certainly possible to be filmed outside the US, which would take care of all the lagality problems..?

[/ QUOTE ]

very good point, and if it comes to that, overseas is a fine alternative (vancouver, london, monte carlo, etc).

also, ive cleared some room in my pm box. it became full after i went to bed.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:34 PM

<---

for real though I like reality TV, am a fun/interesting person with a good life story so far, pretty good at the poker, am gonna send a tape to Real World I think to try and make the transition from professional poker player to professional reality tv star
Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 AM

at least one person per show who is terrible and a high stakes gambl00r