Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 08:47 PM

Default 5/10 - KK in the SB

Disclaimer: I am ridiculously bad at LHE for the stakes I am playing. I am like a 0.02/0.04 player. I play this game as part of a HORSE rotation, and it is by far my worst game. Nevertheless, I'd appreciate some advice on this hand.

No real reads. Recently sat down, although I just lost one big pot against MP2s AA.

Full Tilt 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 10-30-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - KK in the SB

I'd 3-bet the flop. As played, I'd call down the turn and river.

Without a read on the villain, I think you gave up too soon on the flop with your over-pair. You need to charge the button more to draw at whatever he's got going on over there.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 PM

3b this drawy flop
Old 10-30-2007, 09:58 PM

don't think about what specific hand you opponents might be holding. think of a range of hands. boards that are very draw-heavy tend to gain more action because people like to play draws fast. in addition to that, it increases the number of holdings in your opponents' ranges that you are ahead of that give you action. in this case, you flop an overpair with a backdoor flush draw and a backdoor straight draw. go to war on that flop. your hand is best very often and you want to maximize the amount of money you make off of it. jam the flop and build a big pot. sure, you get outdrawn or outflopped fairly often. but winning LHE isn't about winning every pot you enter. it's about making the most money from the pots that you play. you have a strong hand for this situation. play it as such.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 AM

this is really weak, 3 bet flop, the only reason I check the turn is if I am going for a c/r, and maybe, maybe I c/c the river. if not bb/c or b/f.