Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
not saying the kid didn't deserve it, but in general, police in america are given way to much power for the amount of intelligence they must have and training they receive.

[/ QUOTE ]

zimbardo prison experiment
Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 AM

LOL at ppl crying for this kid. He got way more than he could have ever hoped for with what he was trying to do (get attention). He's probably also going to get laid off this for 2 years (college girls are hot and dumb). I guarantee you right now he's thinking this is the best thing that ever happened to him.

My buddies and I had an underground newspaper in HS. Once he found out who we were, our principle called us into the office and lit into us. We left his office pretty much ecstatic, and printed every word of course, including "you print this, I'll sue".
Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 AM

hey guys,

referring to the taser vid, why was that question offensive? It seemed like he said that Kerry should have won the election, isnt that a good thing?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seemed like he said that Kerry should have won the election, isnt that a good thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

not if you oppose terrorism.

<font color="white">lol

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]</font>
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not saying the kid didn't deserve it, but in general, police in america are given way to much power for the amount of intelligence they must have and training they receive.

[/ QUOTE ]

zimbardo prison experiment

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard/read about this in my psych class my freshman year and was intrigued instantly. Thanks for the link!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys,

referring to the taser vid, why was that question offensive? It seemed like he said that Kerry should have won the election, isnt that a good thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

he was calling kerry out for being a spineless bitch. he was also insinuating that kerry didn't even want to win the election so that other people and himself could profit.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 AM

Yes, realistic theory. I wouldn't have beaten this kid down, but I'd have wanted to. College protests are 99% about getting laid, always have been, always will. This is just the kind of headline-grabbing hard news story we need to take all our minds of yucky boring things like the fact that we're in a [censored] war. Way to go buddy.

Btw - the cops handled it badly, no question. They've been suspended. I just shed no tears for asshat in the blue shirt. I GUARANTEE you he's thinking this is the best day of his life -- and can't wait to get out of jail and see that hot chick in his radical after-school political playgroup whom he's had a giant crush on but can't seem to get past the friend zone. She's gonna be impressed with this!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
until someone proves to me otherwise, the cops initially put their hands on the man for free speeching, in an open forum, too loud...(and really [censored] annoyingly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The bad decision by the cops was the very first one when they put their hands on him. After that they just tried to stay in control. It's like when you are a parent and you start a disciplinary action. Once you start you can't easily back down.

There may be some background missing, but it couldn't have been too bad. Kerry was trying to get the cops to stop so he could answer the questions.

Once the kid resists the take down and taser were pretty much inevitable.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:25 AM

anyone who's arguing for the victimization of this kid is a moron, i hope no one took my statements/responses as feeling sorry for this kid.

if i were one of the cops in control i would of bound the kid's arms and legs and let him flail around. when he got it all out of his system we could then talk it out.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:32 AM

There's some background. I had a feeling there was a reason they were standing right behind him.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/18/stu...red/index.html

"You will take my question because I have been listening to your crap for two hours," Meyer told Kerry, according to the police report of the incident.

He then turned to a woman and said "Are you taping this? Do you have this? You ready?" the report said.

Police noted that his demeanor "completely changed once the cameras were not in sight" and described him as laughing and being lighthearted as he was being driven to the Alachua County Detention Center.

Sounds like he provoked them, got them to [censored], got what he wanted.
Closed Thread