View Poll Results: best drama
Grey's Anatomy 1 9.09%
House 1 9.09%
The Sopranos 2 18.18%
24 6 54.55%
The West Wing 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: bodog is such a joke (with a screen shot)

obviously OP should have gambooled and played blackjack ...maybe one hand for 100k if he wins he's up 100k if he loses he's down 1k , no-brainer 2 me
Old 06-22-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just sent bodog an email saying i was unhappy with the way i was treated. im not really expecting anything out of them, but if the bodog dies in a grease fire tomorrow, i wont be at the funeral crying.

as for any elaborate chip dumping schemes, yeah, it maybe could have worked and been a +EV play. But ive done some really shady stuff in the past, and paid really hard consequences for doing it. im not like that anymore, and dont want to be.

ill update this thread again if anything else happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

how exactly were you treated poorly?

[/ QUOTE ]

look, im not saying the owe me anything. but if i had misplaced 1.3 million, my version of saying thank you would not be ten bucks.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with going to a high-variance game is $1000 is probably a lot to the OP (as it is to me), he can't try and sticky it by making a $10000 bet or something, since he can't afford to lose $1k. Although that's obviously insanely +EV

There's really nothing he could have done realistically, if he goes on a chip dumping rampage, they'll see he's not playing legit. If he tries to make a run at highest limits / tries to sticky this and loses, they'll just take the losses out of his $1000, and even if he wins they may take it back. If he does a transfer, they'll reverse it.

So the OP is smart if he first thought of the above then decided on calling up support and hoping for a reward. He's stupid if calling support was his first reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not like the thought didnt cross my mind. i actually sat down at a 2000nl game for a second, didnt post a blind or anything, came to my senses, and got off the table. realistically, how big of a score could i have hauled in? would it be that much bigger than just grinding it out over time? if i was gonna guess at something like this, i think there would be less than a 5% chance to get anything bigger than say 70k.

plus yeah, 1000 bucks is half my roll right now, to me thats alot. i have a part time job, but playing 50nl is like a second job to me. i know thats kinda pathetic compared to some of the big ballas on this site, but bills have to be paid, and this gets it done for me.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider people like Calvin Ayre (or <insert billionaire here&gt to be the biggest thieves of all time. What right do they have to such a big chunk of the worlds resources for themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible. Since when is having earned a lot of money evidence of theft?

The problem is that your argument applies to any two people who have different amounts of money. According to you, the one with less is justified in stealing from the one with more.

If this is not the case, exactly how much money do I have to have before I deserve to be robbed?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am the only person here who can cleary tell that is photoshoped? Geez.........

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, i will take as much action as i can afford/borrow/etc if any one doubts that this happened.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It takes a month to get a check from Bodog. Within that time they would have figured out the error and either cancelled the checks or not issue them. Whether he cashed in himself or chip dumped he would have been caught, and Bodog would have confiscated his legitimate $1000 he had in his account.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is 100% true, but thats why you dump 50k to friends and make profitzz.

not like bodog can be like "uhm we are taking back this money because we accidently gave it to someone then you won it but its ours GG"
Old 06-22-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just sent bodog an email saying i was unhappy with the way i was treated. im not really expecting anything out of them, but if the bodog dies in a grease fire tomorrow, i wont be at the funeral crying.

as for any elaborate chip dumping schemes, yeah, it maybe could have worked and been a +EV play. But ive done some really shady stuff in the past, and paid really hard consequences for doing it. im not like that anymore, and dont want to be.

ill update this thread again if anything else happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

how exactly were you treated poorly?

[/ QUOTE ]

look, im not saying the owe me anything. but if i had misplaced 1.3 million, my version of saying thank you would not be ten bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

it sucks how people only do what is right now because they expect a monetary reward. i could see you being pissed if they had taken the money back and not bothered to thank you, but for not giving you enough of a reward, nah.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I consider people like Calvin Ayre (or <insert billionaire here&gt to be the biggest thieves of all time. What right do they have to such a big chunk of the worlds resources for themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So if it were possible for one single person to amass the rights to every single resource on the planet and just sit back and watch everybody else suffer and die, then this would be fine just because they "earned" it?

The law shouldn't protect the billionaire from losing his money to thieves; the law should protect the normal person from the billionaire taking far more than their fair share...

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that your argument applies to any two people who have different amounts of money. According to you, the one with less is justified in stealing from the one with more.

If this is not the case, exactly how much money do I have to have before I deserve to be robbed?

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly how much money do you need to live a reasonable quality of life? Do you think Calvin Ayre put in several million times more effort to make his money than some random guy making carpets 16 hours a day in an Indian sweatshop?

If you want a society that encourages extreme greed as the ultimate goal for all humans to aspire towards then that's your view and nobody can change that, but I think you'll find that's there's a few billion people on this planet that struggle just to feed themselves each and every day and I don't see why some [censored] like Calvin Ayre or Bill Gates should be allowed to just suck up the rights half the world's resources for their own private use.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if it were possible for one single person to amass the rights to every single resource on the planet and just sit back and watch everybody else suffer and die, then this would be fine just because they "earned" it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't answer my question, but I'll answer yours anyway: No. If you really feel this is in danger of happening soon, let me know and we'll see what we can do about it.

[ QUOTE ]
The law shouldn't protect the billionaire from losing his money to thieves;

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just going to leave this out here percolating for a while...

[ QUOTE ]
the law should protect the normal person from the billionaire taking far more than their fair share...

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep saying things like "fair share". Who decides? You?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly how much money do you need to live a reasonable quality of life?

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't answer my question again. The answer to your question is "it depends". While I certainly have an opinion about what the answer is for me, You seem to think you have the "correct" answer and would like to impose that answer on everybody else. I doubt if you would want somebody else imposing his answer on you.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Calvin Ayre put in several million times more effort to make his money than some random guy making carpets 16 hours a day in an Indian sweatshop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not. As with poker, there is a lot of luck involved. Does this mean the carpet guy has some claim on Calvin or any other person with more resources than him?

[ QUOTE ]
If you want a society that encourages extreme greed as the ultimate goal for all humans to aspire towards then that's your view and nobody can change that, but I think you'll find that's there's a few billion people on this planet that struggle just to feed themselves each and every day and I don't see why some [censored] like Calvin Ayre or Bill Gates should be allowed to just suck up the rights half the world's resources for their own private use.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I want is a society that encourages extreme liberty and doesn't punish extreme ability (or extreme luck). You seem very angry about this. Why would you hate somebody for being successful/lucky? Does that somehow make it harder for you to be successful/lucky?

The reason I reject your position is that it seems like a copout that allows you to rationalize stealing from those you deem deserve it while simultaneously rejecting that defense from somebody who would steal from you.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but the next time you're out walking the mean streets of Leeds, UK, if some poor person hits you in the head with a tire iron and steals your wallet, I don't think your first thought upon regaining consciousness is going to be, "Gee whiz, I didn't get a chance to thank that guy. After all, what right did I have to such a big chunk of the worlds resources for myself?"

Cliff notes: Be careful what you wish for. You are somebody else's billionaire.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The law shouldn't protect the billionaire from losing his money to thieves

[/ QUOTE ]
wait...what?