Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Identifying other 2p2ers

[ QUOTE ]
Its pretty obvious to us who is what i call a 2+2 style player...aka your basic TAG player.

[/ QUOTE ]
there are lots of TAG players who dont read 2+2 or its books, and amazingly the majority of TAGs are exploitable - just because your a TAG doesn't mean your good at poker, its one of the first things I teach.

[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of people who post here and don't play that style. Some are good, some are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say less than 10% of the active 2+2ers are good players. Just because you post on 2+2 doesn't mean you know what your doing. Luckily for the other 90% there is a path to enlightenment
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM

OP - try this:

pretend to your answer your cell phone during the middle of a hand...when the dealer mucks your hand, yell into the phone, "dammit Dids, you just cost me the pot...I'll call you back after I rock the Grimstar". hang up the cell phone that was never actually on and peek out of your hoodie to see if anybody is paying attention...when you make eye contact with the interested player that obv is a 2p2er ask, "how many posts do you have?"....if the answer is less than 1200 put your ipod and headphones back on, go to another table, and try this routine again
Old 10-17-2007, 02:00 PM

drop a sup bro if you think someone is 2p2. most 2p2ers know that as a "hello, im 2p2".
Old 10-17-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, just ask. Contrary to popular opinion around here, publicly mentioning 2p2 isn't going to cause every fish who hears about it to suddenly go out and become a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people won't even know what you're talking about.

I thought it was funny when I met Mason for the first time. He was wearing his 2p2 shirt right into the cardrooom. I chuckled a bit thinking of all the oversensitive 2p2'ers gasping in horror.

b
Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP - try this:

pretend to your answer your cell phone during the middle of a hand...when the dealer mucks your hand, yell into the phone, "dammit Dids, you just cost me the pot...I'll call you back after I rock the Grimstar". hang up the cell phone that was never actually on and peek out of your hoodie to see if anybody is paying attention...when you make mirrored lense contact with the interested player that obv is a 2p2er ask, "how many posts do you have?"....if the answer is less than 1200 put your ipod and headphones back on, go to another table, and try this routine again

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 PM

I have dropped a "sup bro" in unknown card rooms and have received the countersign of "sup bro". I try to confirm the read by stacking 2 stacks of 2 dollar chips and then combining them into a single stack of 4 chips, which should be the universal 2+2 signal. It would be helpful to identify at a glance for table selection purposes.

I have been shocked who is a 2+2 active poster. I had one show up to a home game that I advertised on Craigs list.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:08 PM

I sat down at my table, looked around, recognized Snowball from the L.A. meetup pics, gave him a nod, he gave me a nod, and that was that.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM

It sounds like this method of ID'ing 2+2ers omits women. I mean, if I, in the highly unlikely event that I would even speak like this, say, "sup, bro" to someone, what is his response supposed to be? (And keep it clean!) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My avatar is the same as the card capper I use while playing. I have been identified as 2+2er LVM quite a few times due to that. No real code. Just saying 2+2 out loud is often enough to get some head turns.

[/ QUOTE ]
How 'bout "the guy who's always at TI that everybody knows named Michael"? You're not hard to spot.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:28 PM

I usually will ask them if they know Orlando Salazar

Or try paging Brandi Rose over the intercom and see who at your table reacts.