Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 06:22 AM

Default 2/5 Live--AA 400BB deep + theory

2/5 Villian liked to gamble and will call anything preflop for a raise, but tends to have a good hand when reraising. Not sure of his standards to call a 4bet. Villian has 2100 and I cover.

1 limper and I raise to 40 with AA. MP cold calls and Villian makes it 340. I am going to reraise it OOP and so deep, but what should I raise to?

Do you reraise anything in this spot other than AA? Is there anything you would call here? I seem to be having lots of trouble in reraised pots where I don't have the lead. Any helpful advice?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: 2/5 Live--AA 400BB deep + theory

well, you're playing deep and he makes a big 3bet. plus you said he only reraises big hands but tends to call loose. looks like he wants to take it down here rather than get outflopped and get stacked. i make it ~900 and hope he shoves with KK or makes a bad call with AK or QQ . get it in on any flop obv.

edit: sry didnt notice the last sentence. were you in position relative to the villain for the flop? i prob call with TT+, and AK preflop, esp if im going to have position on him and feel like i can outplay him pretty well postflop.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 AM

thats a redic big raise by him, he loves his hand. If you're RR'ing make it like 850- 900, leaving you just less than a PSB on the flop if he calls.

However, you could also just call pre, and check/shove most flops as the pot will be ~700.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:46 AM

you are v deep but his massive re raise makes this much easier to play. pop it up to 900/1000 and just push/get it all in on any flop