Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Brag: Knocked out 1000 people\'s power

So my roommates and I recently moved into a house in the OC. It is a pretty sick four bedroom w/ a custom designed beer pong table, pool w/slide and diving board, and a 62 inch HDTV. However we decided we also needed a spa so we bought one and brought it to the house. The problem, however, was that it was too big and heavy to get into our backyard - so we had to hire a crane service.

So the crane service comes and lifts the spa into our sideyard. However, it clips the power line and rips it down. It comes swinging down at my two roommates and they hightail it out of there. One slams against the wall and the electricity burns a few holes into his shirt. The other makes it around the corner. Electrical fires rip into the slide and burn our grass. Another shot of electricity hits our driveway and leaves a meteor-like impression on the cement. When the electricity dies down our power is out. A huge surge of power hits our cable line and blows out our cable as well, needing repair. The bottom of our slide turns to glass from the electricity. The fire department comes and repairs the line and informs us that the power is out for 1000 people, and the cost of this incident is immense, as it cost PG&E $5000 just to open the electrical box to shut off the power or whatever they had to do. The power stayed out for about 8 hours.

We ended up getting the $250 crane service free and the crane service is also going to pay for repair of our driveway, slide, grass, cable installation (they may have to replace all the wiring in the walls). My friends were thinking about a lawsuit but I don't think they will. One could've been killed by that electrical wire.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Brag: Knocked out 1000 people\'s power

fire department doesn't come and repair power lines.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:23 PM

BTW I was at work when this happened so I am approximating some of this
Old 06-30-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I was at work when this happened so I am approximating some of this

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean like the part about electricity burning holes in your friends shirt?