Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: I want to sell my Wii and get a ps3

Do it. "Home" for PS3 is going to be a killer app. Simply amazing, and will move units.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you want a PS3 more than the 360?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.. maybe it has something to do with it being a game console.

[ QUOTE ]
Only reason I can see for a PS3 are the rpg's slated for release 9-18months from now. Even then the 360 is getting Conan and maybe Hellgate so it wouldn't be a strong selling point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:31 PM

I knew my post would get some replies. All of you pose good questions. Here is my response to them.

The first thing to respond to is I am just anti-xbox. I have been since the first one came out in 2001. It is simply a prejudice with little reasoning. Just a quirk. I just could not like any Xbox or 360 controller. That is a big thing for me. Also I thought except for Halo, there were few other games that were Xboxs exclusive that really made me want the system. Trust me, Live has way more current content and is integrated into everything. Live has a huge library. My game selection is small though. I only play games that are usually best sellers titles. Most of these games are usually available for all consoles. Lastly, I think it is a dirtball move Microsoft is going to make a 2nd verison of the 360 with a slimmer and quiter box, and a HD-DVD built in drive. It has already been confirmed, it is just a matter when do they flip the switch.

Now the ps3 currently isn't much of a gaming system. There are only hardly any titles I want right now. My investment would be more for the hardware than a gaming system.

Personally I have been displeased with the gaming industry over the past few years. The only franchises I have stuck with is SSX, Burnout, GTA, a few sports titles, and thats about it. My gaming time has gone way down in the past years. I just have found few titles that make me want to keep playing.

As for RPG titles, besides Zelda I really play no RPGs.

So it makes no sense, why I would sell the Wii and spend more to get a ps3, esp if I already know I will hardly even play it??

I just see the Wii as a limited system. We all know it is just a gamecube with more ram, but I do see the graphical limitations of this system already. Now the Wii is more focused on physical gameplay than graphics. I have kinda gotten bored with the control. I made this impulse move last week and just went out and bought Tiger Woods. After about an hour of playing with it, I didn't feel satisfied with the game at all. It made me realize I was not sure if many Wii titles, esp from 3rd party companies, could integrate the Wii control into a comfortable controller format.

Like I said earlier, I still would consider buying a Wii in the future after more games developed for it. Obviously the 12 months for any new console will be a rough one.

I am trying to build my entertainment center. Already got the nice stereo receiver and speakers. The HDTV is due this year. The ps3 is another component to this. I can basically access my music and video files to my tv. Now any xbox can do this, and I could easily hook up a PC for the same option. I feel in the coming months the PS3 will integrate all these features as they continue to upgrade the OS and add to the online network.

I am excited about Sony home. I think it is a step in the right direction for them. Plus the service will be free (even though you will have to pay to get certain things in Home)

I do like the idea people can throw another OS on the ps3.

And yes, I plan to put my Wii on ebay so it is for sale.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:37 PM

If you're irrationally biased against the 360 that's your beef, but it beats the PS3 in every possible way right now. The PS3 has SOME chance of beating it later on, but as things look right now it's NOWHERE SOON. If you want a PS3 I'd say wait until there is actually some A+ title worth getting with the system, the system is only going to drop in price considering it horrible sales and lack of software.

Keep your Wii even if you're sick of it now, there are plenty of great titles coming out that you'll probably want to at least rent. When some big title comes out you're really psyched for go buy a PS3 for $1-200 cheaper than it is now, or maybe you'll find out you want a 360 instead.

I understand you're focused on the whole home theatre stuff, and because of that you see the Wii as limited, but it really isn't true. Graphics are simply not getting much better or increasing as any real pace than they were before. I think because the Wii games are already "capped" as far as their graphics go it forces game designers to make game with other selling points....you know...like gameplay. Look at the SNES, once designers capped the graphics selling point on it they started putting out some really interesting games. The Wii gimmick is getting stale now because all the first gen of games for it tried the same basic idea, as new games come out they will first improve on the prior experiments, and then start trying out some new things I think will be very cool.

TL;DR

Keep Wii, don't buy PS3 until there is a game you really want for it.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:53 AM

Don't buy the PS3 till you feel like you're actually going to use it. I really haven't heard much about upcoming PS3 titles, at least until the holiday season so you've got some time on your hands to think about and make your decision.

Oh but I'll be having fun with Halo 3/Gears of War/Assassin's Creed/Crackdown/Mass Effect
Old 03-19-2007, 10:25 AM

u don't have an hdtv
ps3 may well drop in price before xmas
most of the games u'll want for it won't come out until around xmas time

u may wanna wait a lil while

otherwise, i gotta 60gb unopened i'll sell u