Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

I am not:

a cheater
a multi-accounter
a teenage balla
an apologist

I am:

concerned that cheating, if it continues to come up with regard to the winners of the biggest events in online poker, will have a chilling effect in online tournament poker and may result in further regulatory interest by the US government (and possibly others).

aren't you?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are applying your moralistic standards to people who don't recognize the same standards. Stealth actually sees this and is just stating the facts. A person can live a totally happy life having no ethics, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am sure michael milken and ken lay would agree with you completely
Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's a real stretch to think that someone's ethics in poker correlate to their ethics in life, amirite?

Whether or not someone multiaccounts a poker tournament really doesn't translate at all to who they are as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]

it pretty much tells you which direction their moral compass is pointing.

they certainly didn't have a parent like lord polonius to advise them about life :

There; my blessing with thee!
And these few precepts in thy memory
See thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportioned thought his act.
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledged comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,
Bear't that the opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,
And they in France of the best rank and station
Are of a most select and generous chief in that.
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine ownself be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell: my blessing season this in thee!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are applying your moralistic standards to people who don't recognize the same standards. Stealth actually sees this and is just stating the facts. A person can live a totally happy life having no ethics, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

use whoever you want to use as an example. " A person" can live a happy, corrupt existence. At my age, I've seen it too many times. Righteous indignation means nothing to those without conscience or the ability to look past their own justifications.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

use whoever you want to use as an example. " A person" can live a happy, corrupt existence. At my age, I've seen it too many times. Righteous indignation means nothing to those without conscience or the ability to look past their own justifications.

[/ QUOTE ]

GM,

i agree completely. i was just pointing out, usually those people are amoral toads, and often times they get smote by life somewhere down the line.

and, by the way, at MY age, i'm probably old enough to be your father :-) :-) :-)

bobneptune = 55 lol me
Old 10-04-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I go out and live a rich and varied life, which is something I will have after poker is gone, while these guys are just a bunch of loner cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of Off Topic, but this stereotype is completely ridiculous. Poker is a [censored] game. Play2kill, JJProdigy, and ZeeJustin probably live a 10x more rich and varied life than you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doubt it, but whatever you gotta do to convince yourself that your cheater friends who keep on cheating aren't pieces of [censored]!

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, I'd go so far as to say the Multiaccounter's lack of ethics make them completely separate poker and life so that they are in fact 100x less likely to be the "loner cheater" you described, and in fact live a much more balla lifestyle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, having no ethics somehow makes you more likely to live a rich life? How does that work?

You should really do yourself a favor and bow out of these threads. Your arguments are absurd and basically make you look like an apologist for cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me more than a little while to realize that stealthmunk didn't/doesn't (i'm grunching) know what you mean by a 'rich and varied' life. As in, he's actually not aware of the alternate definitions of 'rich'. Lol/sigh.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rock on Stealth.

[/ QUOTE ]

were you referring to his whole post or just this part?

"but this is just like making fun of me or gobboboy for being fat, only if we were actually Patrik-looking. ROFL."

[/ QUOTE ]

I refer to his ability to consistently see through all the b.s. even when it rubs people the wrong way. Sometimes he goes overboard, but even that is subject to opinion. edit: I should state that I don't agree necessarily with all his statements, but that I think it's cool that his opinions are without innuendo or supposition. He cuts right to the chase.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunch #2:

Gobbomom you can't be serious. Stealth got tripped up by not knowing the 'rich' in 'rich an varied life' doesn't mean BALLA I GOTZ LOTZ OF MONIEZ. And reading on it seems like a few others don't either. It doesn't take (at least I strongly assumed) an advanced knowledge of psychology to grasp the type of demons that plague people with severe sociopathic tendencies, of which blatant and excessive cheating qualifies, and I believe Nath quite eloquently stated this.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are a complete moron if you think that your ethics in online poker correlate at all to the lifestyle you live.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's a real stretch to think that someone's ethics in poker correlate to their ethics in life, amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

So is JJ going to steal change from "The Jimmy Fund?" because he has multiaccounted MTTS? Please enlighten me on what you think JJ's real life ethics prove to be bad, because of poker. ENLIGHTEN ME. Because he is one of the most well-rounded, motivated, generous, loyal, caring, idk whole shabang throw in some other good attributes, people I know.

Aside from that he's [censored] 17 and gonna buy a [censored] lambo and going to travel the world when he's 18 to play w/e donkaments he wants to and win another million or too, partying/enjoying the entire time. Is that not rich/varied? I just don't understand wtf point your trying to prove. Whether or not someone multiaccounts a poker tournament really doesn't translate at all to who they are as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunch #3 and i'm done, at least with this part:

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from that he's [censored] 17 and gonna buy a [censored] lambo and going to travel the world when he's 18 to play w/e donkaments he wants to and win another million or too, partying/enjoying the entire time. Is that not rich/varied?

[/ QUOTE ]

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -- George Eliot
Old 10-04-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whether or not someone multiaccounts a poker tournament really doesn't translate at all to who they are as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry if JJ's dick is so far up your ass that it interferes with your thinking, but you just said "Just because someone cheats, it doesn't say anything about their character."

ed: I don't give a [censored] about the rest of his life

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, I'm not going to get into a squabble about ethics and character with you. But you claimed for multiaccounters to be "loner cheaters" and bragged about your "rich and varied lifestyle". That is the really only completely stupid thing you said because it just isn't true. And I stand by my statement that Multiaccounters are less likely to be "loner cheater degenerates" than honest players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy god my sincere apologies for quadruple posting in a thread from a forum i've rarely if ever frequented, but holy god.

[ QUOTE ]
And I stand by my statement that Multiaccounters are less likely to be "loner cheater degenerates" than honest players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheaters...

Are less like to be...

Cheaters...

Than non-cheaters...

Am I to believe a human being with the intelligence and capability to read, write, turn on a computer and connect to this forum actually typed the sentence I quoted?

<font color="white">It must be trolling. Since we're ban-happy these days might as well ban stealthmunk. </font>
Old 10-04-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last I checked, cruising around in a 300,000$ car, travelling the world, and partying, is about as "rich and varied" as it comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much sums it up.

You know he meant the OTHER meaning of 'rich', right?

[/ QUOTE ]

And here we see why it's best to not grunch. Well said, apologies all around.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you claimed for multiaccounters to be "loner cheaters" and bragged about your "rich and varied lifestyle". That is the really only completely stupid thing you said because it just isn't true.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you misunderstood my use of the word "rich". According to webster's, a definition of "rich" is "having high value or quality", which is what I meant, not "full of money and material goods".

Maybe they aren't loners, but they may as well be. I mean, without your integrity, what are you? Possessions don't fill the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

FREE NATH