Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Hand 1 3/6

youre leaving money on the table by not c/ring the turn.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-06-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we want to knock out the guy who has 2 outs at maximum and will overcall the turn for sure if I call, thus leaving us heads up with someone who could have a slew of hands; ones that 3 bet now which we dislike, ones that call and fold the river, and then best case she calls and calls the river.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So we want to knock out the guy who has 2 outs at maximum and will overcall the turn for sure if I call? ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good enough reason for not check-raising, but do you lose 99-QQ if you just lead out? That's the turn play that flows best too given your flop action. Heck, you might even be able to trap a hand like that for two bets if he thinks the button is as crazy as you do, and she raises your lead.

Or was the turn check partly to see how "tight guy" reacted to the king that hit?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:49 AM

more so than wanting to knock people out we want to make two bbs on the turn off of the fishy button while we have the best hand. the pots pretty decent sized so getting in two bets on the turn or even winning it right there is a nice thing. sometimes you just cant juice anymore out of anyone, although this case that's not even true, you get button to donate a little extra most of the time.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:25 PM

How does everyone feel about my turn check if the plan was for the tight guy to bet his 99-QQ which I thought he would and then for the button to call and me to c/r them both?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:34 PM

flatcall on turn is great if tighty will overcall, if you risk loosing him anyway i would bump it and be happy button is a fool instead... river fire is fairly standard imo, tighty may think the two of you are spewtards and payoff as well if you get lucky... will be interested to hear if you saw either hand
Old 06-06-2007, 06:17 PM

I like the way you played this hand. We never discussed it but at first I was a little shocked by the line you took when you turned your hand over but now looking back I'm impressed you put it all together and played the hand so well in the heat of the moment. I think your thinking is right and while I can see what mike L is saying and probably would have taken his line at the table I think your line is a touch better.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:21 AM

I lie the riverbet because of the reads yuo provided. The uber-tight guy is in a very tough spot since he's sandwiched in between a loose cannon and an out-of-posiiton better, on "what would appear" to be a insignificant river. Because of the crazy woman's raise and the threat of her raising and you making it 3 bets, it forces him to fold solo big pairs. The only way he could call is if he recognizes your reasoning.

You very well might get AK sandwiched in the middle to fold and have this woman pinned with QQ or middle pair given her spewey nature.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:26 PM

I don't think you're getting a better hand to fold even if you check-raised the turn. I like the line taken since you actually made a hand with showdown value. It's a good situation to be in when if you're ahead you're way ahead and if you're behind you still have plenty of outs - so I think the main point from the turn on is how to get the most money out of both opponents combined. I think this depends a lot on what you feel the tight guy would do if you check raised, etc. - so given your reasoning - well played. [I would have lead the turn].

Just out of curiosity - around what time of day are the 3/6 (or bigger games) usually running? Going to be in Vegas this weekend and may be able to find some time for poker but won't have all day to hang around the poker rooms. Any info greatly appreciated, thanks!

~andy