Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Official August Turning Stone Thread (pt. 2, the actual events)

[ QUOTE ]
Part-time lurker here. Juttle, did you register for the 340 Six-max and not show up? I was on table 9 seat 3 and seat 2 never showed up, eventually they put a receipt down next to the stack and it had 'Juttelstud' or something similar written in pen on the top of it.

Was too lazy to wake up for the 550 this morning, probably just gonna donk around in 200 max before I head home tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

there was at least one receipt sitting unused in our room. like someone had bought into the tournament and then just never played and never picked up their unused receipt.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part-time lurker here. Juttle, did you register for the 340 Six-max and not show up? I was on table 9 seat 3 and seat 2 never showed up, eventually they put a receipt down next to the stack and it had 'Juttelstud' or something similar written in pen on the top of it.

Was too lazy to wake up for the 550 this morning, probably just gonna donk around in 200 max before I head home tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah taht was him, grindermj is to baller to wake up and play.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:27 PM

i believe somewhere earlier in this thread ansky said he runs worse than anyone live ever, ansky, you could not be more dead wrong.

finished a lovely 10/20 session earlier this morning, i think i was 1/5 in the big pots that i played. I'm not sure if posting cash game hands in this thread is acceptable, but w/e.

early on the entire table limps and I find 89 suited otb, I make it 140 to go and the utg limper makes it 400 (hmmm, the good old limp raise from utg, aces right?). I call, risk 240 to win 2k, why not. Flop is 8K8 rainbow (yahtzee! at least this is what i think at the time). He leads for 500, I expertly minraise (we're gettin all in regardless, might as well hasten the process), he raises his last 600 and I call. blanks on turn and river, trip 8s no good against kings full.

later on i make it 80 from MP with 1010, button makes it 260, I call. Flop is 109x with 2 hearts (yahtzee! my initial thoughts again). I check, he insta-shoves for 950, I insta call, running hearts, KKh is good.

Later on a new player (who I realize now was skier5) makes it 80 from EP, I call with 35s (1 other caller). Flop is 4K6 rainbow. Skier leads for I think 150 or 175, I call. 3 on the turn, skier checks and I have a nasty feeling I'm getting checkraised if I bet so I check behind to try and hit for free. 2 on the river. Initially I thought he either had a pp below the kings or a king and was gonna c/r turn or decided to slow down. Either way he checks and I bet 400 hoping he'll look me up, instead he makes it 1450 and I want to vomit. Bunch of thougts go through my head but eventually I make a crying call and he tables 75 for the nuts. Awesome.

Also, clayton I already payed christian his LL money.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:40 PM

going to rodizio at 5 got reservations for anyone who wants it.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:19 PM

going to walmart in like 20 min if anyone needs anything.

also, waking up <5pm is wicked hard.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:42 PM

We have a soccer ball now!

Friday before the movie we have to play! PLEASE!

I love the sun and fresh air,

IWEARGOGGLES
Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 PM

i'm excited for soccer or kickball. also superbad.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:46 PM

I'M EXCITED AT THE PROSPECTS OF GETTING TO SEE BETGO'S MASSIVE FOREARMS SHOVING 40-STACKS INTO THE MIDDLE AT THE FINAL TABLE OF THE 1K TOURNAMENT, PUTTING SOME POOR BASTARD TO A DECISION FOR HIS ENTIRE CHIPSTACK

ALSO, SUPERBAD.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:51 PM

i wanna see superbad +i can drive a car if we need it
Old 08-15-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe somewhere earlier in this thread ansky said he runs worse than anyone live ever, ansky, you could not be more dead wrong.

finished a lovely 10/20 session earlier this morning, i think i was 1/5 in the big pots that i played. I'm not sure if posting cash game hands in this thread is acceptable, but w/e.

early on the entire table limps and I find 89 suited otb, I make it 140 to go and the utg limper makes it 400 (hmmm, the good old limp raise from utg, aces right?). I call, risk 240 to win 2k, why not. Flop is 8K8 rainbow (yahtzee! at least this is what i think at the time). He leads for 500, I expertly minraise (we're gettin all in regardless, might as well hasten the process), he raises his last 600 and I call. blanks on turn and river, trip 8s no good against kings full.

later on i make it 80 from MP with 1010, button makes it 260, I call. Flop is 109x with 2 hearts (yahtzee! my initial thoughts again). I check, he insta-shoves for 950, I insta call, running hearts, KKh is good.

Later on a new player (who I realize now was skier5) makes it 80 from EP, I call with 35s (1 other caller). Flop is 4K6 rainbow. Skier leads for I think 150 or 175, I call. 3 on the turn, skier checks and I have a nasty feeling I'm getting checkraised if I bet so I check behind to try and hit for free. 2 on the river. Initially I thought he either had a pp below the kings or a king and was gonna c/r turn or decided to slow down. Either way he checks and I bet 400 hoping he'll look me up, instead he makes it 1450 and I want to vomit. Bunch of thougts go through my head but eventually I make a crying call and he tables 75 for the nuts. Awesome.

Also, clayton I already payed christian his LL money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was the UTG limper. Pretty sick cooler.