Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
August goal update:

After a monster weekend at foxwoods I'm sitting at +$4600 for the month to date with a session planned for today. Now all it takes is to continue running hot as [censored] for the rest of the month and $12k will be no prob.

ps. coming out to LA tomorrow and staying through Sunday. Will hopefully come by commerce once or twice during that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

FU HOOBS. That's my MONIES that I donked off to you. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Of note, I played that game till 9am in the morning. Was so gooooooood but I was down $1600 at a point and ended up finishing up anyways. The donator went stayed that whole time too and donked off his 8 racks down to 1.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop(9 handed): Hero raises AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG, UTG+1 3-bets, 5 coldcallers

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen this kind of action/stupidity at 10/20 in ac. apparently i'm missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen this kind of action/stupidity at 10/20 in Foxwoods . apparently i'm missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall 2 hands involving 52s at our table yesterday that approached this kind of action/stupidity (particularly the 5 seat). To be fair, the 20 game yesterday was even kinda ridiculous by Foxwoods standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you? Are you talking about Sunday night with the 7-8 ways capped with 54o winning at showdown table? Are you that surfer dude with the purple/green shirts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Hobbs friend-- big guy, blue shirt, sweated him on JJ full hand. We played together briefly Saturday afternoon (when I was getting raped), but played 10/20 all day sunday.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop(9 handed): Hero raises AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG, UTG+1 3-bets, 5 coldcallers

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen this kind of action/stupidity at 10/20 in ac. apparently i'm missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen this kind of action/stupidity at 10/20 in Foxwoods . apparently i'm missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall 2 hands involving 52s at our table yesterday that approached this kind of action/stupidity (particularly the 5 seat). To be fair, the 20 game yesterday was even kinda ridiculous by Foxwoods standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you? Are you talking about Sunday night with the 7-8 ways capped with 54o winning at showdown table? Are you that surfer dude with the purple/green shirts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Hobbs friend-- big guy, blue shirt, sweated him on JJ full hand. We played together briefly Saturday morning (when I was getting raped), but played 10/20 all day sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I sat with you for ~5 minutes. Why did you openlimp in CO/HJ at one point?

-Confuzzled
Old 08-13-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Hobbs friend-- big guy, blue shirt, sweated him on JJ full hand. We played together briefly Saturday morning (when I was getting raped), but played 10/20 all day sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I sat with you for ~5 minutes. Why did you openlimp in CO/HJ at one point?

-Confuzzled

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't recall doing that-- something I don't think I've ever done. If I did, I was confused by the action in some way.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20 there is usually a terrible game. Either play the 5/10 or the 20/40. Also, it's a good rule of thumb that the 2nd highest game anywhere is usually much tougher than the highest b/c of donator issues.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:11 PM

Hands where Hobbs owns me:
One
Preflop:
EP limps, Hobbs raises in LP, I 3-bet QQ OTB, EP calls.

Flop: 962
EP checks, Hobbs donks, I raise, EP folds, Hobbs calls.

Turn: 8
Hobbs donks, I call.

River: 8
Hobbs bets, I raise telling myself I can fold to 3-bet, Hobbs 3-bets, I puke because I realize I can't fold to 3 b/c I had watched him play LAGtard. He shows 99.

Two
Preflop:
Hobbs opens OTB, I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in SB, BB folds, Hobbs calls.

Flop: Q75[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, Hobbs raises, I plan to call down.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, Hobbs bets, I get cute and think I can fold JJ-88 by check-raising. Hobbs calls down because he has KxQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I already know Hand Two is especially bad. Spewizzles like Hobie are capping my ass with JJ-88 preflop.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm totally with you on the stupidity part, its the action part in 10/20 thats not living up to the gold standard of 5 people cold calling 3 bets pre-flop...
Old 08-13-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20 there is usually a terrible game. Either play the 5/10 or the 20/40. Also, it's a good rule of thumb that the 2nd highest game anywhere is usually much tougher than the highest b/c of donator issues.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the perspective. I haven't found the 10/20 to be too difficult. I am working out some kinks in my game and then I look forward to meeting you at the 20/40.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:20 PM

Ben, the 10/20 is just as good at foxwoods. It plays a little less crazy, but everybody is so obvious in that game that it's still very beatable for a lot of money
Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
August goal update:

After a monster weekend at foxwoods I'm sitting at +$4600 for the month to date with a session planned for today. Now all it takes is to continue running hot as [censored] for the rest of the month and $12k will be no prob.

ps. coming out to LA tomorrow and staying through Sunday. Will hopefully come by commerce once or twice during that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

FU HOOBS. That's my MONIES that I donked off to you. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Of note, I played that game till 9am in the morning. Was so gooooooood but I was down $1600 at a point and ended up finishing up anyways. The donator went stayed that whole time too and donked off his 8 racks down to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
That guy was sooooo sick.
Closed Thread