Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 05:28 PM

Default NBA Trivia

Just looking over basketball reference here. I tried to double check everything to make sure the questions were legit, but if I made a mistake then I apologize. As always, please don't just look up the answers and post them(at least post in white if you do that).

1. In the past 25 years, four #1 overall draft picks have not made the All Rookie team. Name them.

2. In the past 25 years, two teams have won the NBA title without having a single member of any of the All NBA Teams. Name them.

3. In the past 30 years, two teams have won the NBA title without having a top 4 overall NBA draft pick on their roster. Name them.

4. As a follow up to #3- both of those teams coincidentally had one guy who was drafted #5 overall. Name those two players.

5. Two #1 overall picks have won the 6th man of the year award. Name them.

6. On the 1996 list of the NBA's 50 greatest players, 2 guys had less than 10,000 career points. Name them.

7. On the 1996 list of the NBA's 50 greatest players, one guy had less than 400 career games played. Name him.

8. Nine guys have made 13 or more all star teams. Name the two of them that have never won an MVP award.

9. Conversely one guy has won an MVP but only has 2 All Star appearances. Who is it?

10. Name the only #1 overall draft pick to have won a Most Improved Player award.

11. In the past 40 years, two players have won Rookie of the Year that weren't top 10 picks. Name them.

12. Since 1992(Dream Team), two guys have played on the USA National Team but never made an NBA All Star Team. Name them.(Note: Carlos Boozer who made one all star team but didn't play due to injury does NOT count)

13. Twelve coaches have 800 or more career wins. Name the two of them that have never been a head coach for a team that made the NBA Finals.

14. Of the 30 current NBA franchises, two have not had a #1 overall pick in the past 25 years, a Rookie of the Year in the past 25 years, a MVP in the past 25 years, or an appearance in the NBA Finals in the past 25 years. Name those 2 franchises.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: NBA Trivia

[ QUOTE ]

1. In the past 25 years, four #1 overall draft picks have not made the All Rookie team. Name them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too late to edit now, but theres only three acutally, not four. I wrongly included David Robinson, who sat out for two years after being drafted.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:03 PM

Damnit, and #2 should be ONE team, not TWO. Sorry again.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:17 PM

1. Kwame, Kandi, Never Nervous Pervis? I'm fairly certain about the first two, last one was a guess (maybe Bargnani?)

5. Walton for sure, next I'm guessing Glenn Robinson.

7. Walton.

12. Bowen is one.

13. Don Nelson. not sure about the other.

14. Atlanta Hawks. Grizzlies?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:20 PM

Assani,

Goddamn some of these are tough, as for

"5. Two #1 overall picks have won the 6th man of the year award. Name them."

One is Bill Walton, the other one is making my head hurt trying to figure out. Partly because I can't remember all the sixth man winners, partly because I can't remember all the #1 overall picks.

"8. Nine guys have made 13 or more all star teams. Name the two of them that have never won an MVP award."

One is John Havlicek.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:32 PM

15. Name the queerest group of players in the last 86 years.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:38 PM

Artdogg,

2007 SAN ANTONIO SPURS AMIRITE!?!?!?!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Assani,

"8. Nine guys have made 13 or more all star teams. Name the two of them that have never won an MVP award."

Sticking with the Celtics theme, I'm gonna go with Sam Jones. I know he made a lot of them.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10. Name the only #1 overall draft pick to have won a Most Improved Player award.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pervis Ellison
Old 06-24-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
kwame brown, the never nervous pervis (who was injured much of his rookie year), danny manning (also injured i think)

[ QUOTE ]
2. In the past 25 years, two teams have won the NBA title without having a single member of any of the All NBA Teams. Name them.

[/ QUOTE ]

first pistons title team (88-89)-- isiah's last all nba team was like 86-87 season

[ QUOTE ]
3. In the past 30 years, two teams have won the NBA title without having a top 4 overall NBA draft pick on their roster. Name them.

[/ QUOTE ]

76ers and Sonics

[ QUOTE ]
4. As a follow up to #3- both of those teams coincidentally had one guy who was drafted #5 overall. Name those two players.

[/ QUOTE ]

barkley and no clue who on that sonics team... maybe wally walker???

[ QUOTE ]
5. Two #1 overall picks have won the 6th man of the year award. Name them.

[/ QUOTE ]
walton, manning

[ QUOTE ]
6. On the 1996 list of the NBA's 50 greatest players, 2 guys had less than 10,000 career points. Name them.

[/ QUOTE ]
shaq??? no clue on the other

[ QUOTE ]
7. On the 1996 list of the NBA's 50 greatest players, one guy had less than 400 career games played. Name him.

[/ QUOTE ]
shaq?

[ QUOTE ]
8. Nine guys have made 13 or more all star teams. Name the two of them that have never won an MVP award.

[/ QUOTE ]
no clue... will have to think.

[ QUOTE ]
9. Conversely one guy has won an MVP but only has 2 All Star appearances. Who is it?

[/ QUOTE ] walton?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
pervis

[ QUOTE ]
11. In the past 40 years, two players have won Rookie of the Year that weren't top 10 picks. Name them.

[/ QUOTE ]
mark jackson comes to mind... don't know the other

[ QUOTE ]
12. Since 1992(Dream Team), two guys have played on the USA National Team but never made an NBA All Star Team. Name them.(Note: Carlos Boozer who made one all star team but didn't play due to injury does NOT count)

[/ QUOTE ]

does laettner count? odom and okafor from the 2004 team haven't been all stars

[ QUOTE ]
13. Twelve coaches have 800 or more career wins. Name the two of them that have never been a head coach for a team that made the NBA Finals.

[/ QUOTE ] don nelson don't know who else

[ QUOTE ]
14. Of the 30 current NBA franchises, two have not had a #1 overall pick in the past 25 years, a Rookie of the Year in the past 25 years, a MVP in the past 25 years, or an appearance in the NBA Finals in the past 25 years. Name those 2 franchises.

[/ QUOTE ] bucks and hawks?

my guesses

edit, to say: Forgot about Bogut pick on the final one. Let's say the Nug.