Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-24-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Fight for Online Poker!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing online poker right now and it works just fine. "Regulating" it - just means they get into our business more than now.

I hope all these measures fail.

[/ QUOTE ].

i've never had to try to deposit, but it sounds like a pain in the ass and I'm sure many casual fish don't bother after seeing all the hoops to jump through.

[/ QUOTE ]And I'm sure a lot of professional players don't see all the regulatory hoops that will eat into their profits.

If a casual player can't figure out how to get a reloadable Visa card, he's not smart enough to play poker. ePass is safer to use online for everything then your personal bank card. "Regulation" is the scariest thing that can possibly happen to poker.

Rather sneak into the back room of a bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should actually read the Wexler bill before trying to discourage people from supporting it.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're entitled to your opinion, but please at least consider why it is we're fighting back, especially before posting to discourage the effort.

[/ QUOTE ]What makes you think I don't understand why you are fighting? Son, BTDT and some cop stole my t-shirt.

It matters not one whit what you or I say on a message board, it matters not how much or little money is thrown at this problem or how many letters of emails are written. They knew what they were gonna do to screw us before they stuck that last piece of unconstitutional blather onto the Port Security bill pushed through because of the treasonous piece of crap called the Patriot Act. Now they are just doing what they were always going to do and getting you to chant, "Thank you, Sir, may I have another!!"

A bunch of people scared you by saying, "You got yer freedom now sit in the back o' the bus or do ya wanna go back ta bein' a slave, boy!?"

I express my opinion and do so whether or not you agree or believe I am misinformed. And, having done that, I am done posting. But here's a little challenge. These bills you want passed? How about posting a link to them - to the FULL AND EXACT contents of each. Let's read them closely together, and see just precisely what they have stuck inside this thing that you think will be a victory if passed.

Yes, everything is fine. I play poker online. And unless well-meaning and mis-guided folks such as yourself help them REGULATE me, I will always be able to do so.

Never mind. They'll pass it if everyone tries to stop them.

Sorry.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're entitled to your opinion, but please at least consider why it is we're fighting back, especially before posting to discourage the effort.

[/ QUOTE ]What makes you think I don't understand why you are fighting? Son, BTDT and some cop stole my t-shirt.

It matters not one whit what you or I say on a message board, it matters not how much or little money is thrown at this problem or how many letters of emails are written. They knew what they were gonna do to screw us before they stuck that last piece of unconstitutional blather onto the Port Security bill pushed through because of the treasonous piece of crap called the Patriot Act. Now they are just doing what they were always going to do and getting you to chant, "Thank you, Sir, may I have another!!"

A bunch of people scared you by saying, "You got yer freedom now sit in the back o' the bus or do ya wanna go back ta bein' a slave, boy!?"

I express my opinion and do so whether or not you agree or believe I am misinformed. And, having done that, I am done posting. But here's a little challenge. These bills you want passed? How about posting a link to them - to the FULL AND EXACT contents of each. Let's read them closely together, and see just precisely what they have stuck inside this thing that you think will be a victory if passed.

Yes, everything is fine. I play poker online. And unless well-meaning and mis-guided folks such as yourself help them REGULATE me, I will always be able to do so.

Never mind. They'll pass it if everyone tries to stop them.

Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you read it? it is easy enough to find. I have not, and don't plan on it. If you can point me to some reason why I shouldn't support it, I would certainly listen. I am guessing the answer is no though. It is tough to argue that games and game selection is as good as it was a year ago though. I don't see how doing nothing is going to pan out as a viable long term solution.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:34 PM

I wasn't going to post here again, but it was pointed out to me that someone might have taken offense at the "bus" reference. If so, I apologize, it was meant analogously, not personally.

[ QUOTE ]
have you read it? it is easy enough to find. I have not, and don't plan on it.

[/ QUOTE ]If it is so easy to find, why did you not post a link? And you haven't read it? So, you are here stumping for everyone to push to have a bill passed and you have no idea what it is you want us to support? Or what you are supporting yourself?

Look, I don't want to be all contentious but seriously, if you don't know what it says, how do you know you want it passed?

[ QUOTE ]
It is tough to argue that games and game selection is as good as it was a year ago though. I don't see how doing nothing is going to pan out as a viable long term solution.

[/ QUOTE ]I honestly don't know what you are talking about. I find more games and more players at more limits than ever. My money moves around just fine. What is it you are trying to solve?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't going to post here again, but it was pointed out to me that someone might have taken offense at the "bus" reference. If so, I apologize, it was meant analogously, not personally.

[ QUOTE ]
have you read it? it is easy enough to find. I have not, and don't plan on it.

[/ QUOTE ]If it is so easy to find, why did you not post a link? And you haven't read it? So, you are here stumping for everyone to push to have a bill passed and you have no idea what it is you want us to support? Or what you are supporting yourself?

Look, I don't want to be all contentious but seriously, if you don't know what it says, how do you know you want it passed?

[ QUOTE ]
It is tough to argue that games and game selection is as good as it was a year ago though. I don't see how doing nothing is going to pan out as a viable long term solution.

[/ QUOTE ]I honestly don't know what you are talking about. I find more games and more players at more limits than ever. My money moves around just fine. What is it you are trying to solve?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am simply not willing to take the time to read a bunch of draft regs. However, we have advocates on our behalf, including the PPA and people like Engineer that seem to think it is a good idea. What makes you think it isn't? Go to house.gov and pull a copy of it and let me know why your head in the sand approach is best. I was never stumping for it, just going with the general consensus of players that this is something we want. You have not stated one reason why I should not be for it.
Edit: 10 second search of the legislation forum found this link - http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/hp583.htm

My money moves around great through the 5 tables (above 1/2) going on Full Tilt that have the same relatively small batch of players there every day. It doesn't move around to party or crypto sites or paradise, or any of the sites where we are currently banned from playing. Game selection is probably 20% of what it was. There are rarely any new faces on a day-to-day basis and that number will dwindle even further if banks start tightening up controls on transactions.