Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Good Luck Hunters!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I read an article somewhere focusing on the decline in the number of active hunters per year and how this was disconcerting to animal rights activists who receive substantial funding from the fees associated with hunting...

I personally would love to try hunting but none of my friends hunt and I'm not sure where to start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Start reading. I don't know where you live, but I assume you'll have to take a test to get a license first, and once you've done that you should network. You'll meet someone who will hunt with you.

Some areas even have programs that partner new hunters with existing hunters so they can learn. Ask your local hunting authority about these sort of programs, they are inevitably more than happy to help you.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM

I live in Colorado. If someone wants to talk about hunting in Colorado, I would be happy to help.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am personally against hunting

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I assume you are a vegetarian or vegan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. I too am against hunting, but not for any kind of moral or ethical reasons. I'm against anything that requires me to get up that early and freeze my a** off.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. I too am against hunting, but not for any kind of moral or ethical reasons. I'm against anything that requires me to get up that early and freeze my a** off.

[/ QUOTE ]
amen brother
Old 11-16-2007, 08:33 PM

hunting with a rifle seems pretty wack to me. i would like to see somebody take down a deer with their bare hands. that's living, imo
Old 11-16-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my uncle and his family are fairly avid hunters. they have a house and a bunch of land up in vermont that they hunt at. my uncle's favorite hunting story would be right up your alley. all the brothers and the dad are at the house along with a friend of one of the brothers. the family is hardcore and spends hours mapping out exactly where each individual is going to move so as to not screw up anybody else, and give everybody a good chance of bagging a big buc. the friend is getting shitfaced during this time. everybody wakes up the next morning at like 4:00AM and head out. they don't see a single animal to take a shot at. when they come back, the hung over friend has bagged some sort of monster buc. he shot it from the front porch. now thats how i would like to hunt.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hunting with a rifle seems pretty wack to me. i would like to see somebody take down a deer with their bare hands. that's living, imo

[/ QUOTE ]

before humans had any sort of reliable projectile weapons (and even for a long time after that did) they would usually kill animals like deer and antelope by getting the herd to run off a cliff or ledge. doesn't really seem any more manly to me.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 PM

I'm against hunting because it's unfair. Most deer don't even know they are being hunted and they certainly wouldn't hunt you back.

I do approve of homeless person hunting, though.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, there's a pretty strong correlation between hunting and being a fat racist redneck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be a borderline racist redneck, but i sure as hell is not fat
Old 11-16-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read an article somewhere focusing on the decline in the number of active hunters per year and how this was disconcerting to animal rights activists who receive substantial funding from the fees associated with hunting...

I personally would love to try hunting but none of my friends hunt and I'm not sure where to start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Start reading. I don't know where you live, but I assume you'll have to take a test to get a license first, and once you've done that you should network. You'll meet someone who will hunt with you.

Some areas even have programs that partner new hunters with existing hunters so they can learn. Ask your local hunting authority about these sort of programs, they are inevitably more than happy to help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Afaik, the fees associated with hunting licenses and habitat fees, at least in my area, only contribute to the DNR and other conservation programs. Also, at the risk of getting flamed ferociously, hunters actually contribute more to saving wildlife and their habitat than all other organizations combined.

Flame Away