Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Shield Finale

Aside from the missed confrontation between Vic & Shane, the Armenians, etc... there was also a missed confrontation between Dutch and Billings! What happened there? Out of the blue Billings comes in, hands his resignation papers to Claudette, announces a 7-figure lawsuit against the department, then walks out? WTF??

Wasn't Dutch going to confront him over the Tina thing? All he did was apologize to her and tell Danny that "Billings probably did it but I can't prove anything yet..." and that was that. Lame. Everything with the soda machines, etc. None of it really paid off for me.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:58 PM

Pretty good season overall, but yes, LOTS of unresolved/dropped storylines. Therefore, things I need to see get wrapped up next season:

1. Vic/Shane: First, Shane comes clean on killing Lem, hops in bed with the Armenians and kidnaps (to protect) Vics family. I guess Vic had too much going on during this day to deal with Shane, but you know he will get to it. Seems to me Shane is trying hard, but he may be unredeemable at this point.

2. Vic/Aceveda/Cruz: I absolutley HATED that after the pics of Aceveda taking one in the face finally show up, Vic quickly drops this leverage and allies with Aceveda. I really hoped this would come back to destroy him, but Vic decided to go in a different direction.

3. Dutch: I absolutely LOVE this character. I really want to see him put the stomp on Billings, establish dominance, or at least equal footing, with Vic, shoot a man-rope in Tina's face and start dating Sofer.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:59 PM

CVD, Awesome account name.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM

The pacing has been a bit strange at times.

Lem's death was a good place to end last season, but that caused the Kavanaugh situation to spill over into two episodes of this season, which then ended rather abruptly.

I think the episode before the finale might have been a better finale, as it really ramped up the tension and could have been a pseudo cliff-hanger.

I gather that the decision to do a 7th season was a late one. Had they had more time to plan things out, I don't think it would have been broken up the way it has been. I'm just looking at it as a hiatus before the final episodes of season six are shown. This will make more sense if season seven is another short one (ten episodes in the season? WTF?)

Dutch will be getting more lovin' from the ladies than he can handle. (Looks like he won't have to go home and strangle the ca... er, choke the chicken anymore.)

Looking forward to Season 6b
Old 06-06-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Vic/Shane: First, Shane comes clean on killing Lem, hops in bed with the Armenians and kidnaps (to protect) Vics family. I guess Vic had too much going on during this day to deal with Shane, but you know he will get to it. Seems to me Shane is trying hard, but he may be unredeemable at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]I hope they don't make the mistake of every cheap romance novel and drag out a misunderstanding that should be cleared up with a two-minute conversation. Vic should have 150 missed calls, v-mails, text messages, and singing telegrams from Shane trying to get in touch with him to explain why he "kidnapped" his family.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Vic/Aceveda/Cruz: I absolutley HATED that after the pics of Aceveda taking one in the face finally show up, Vic quickly drops this leverage and allies with Aceveda. I really hoped this would come back to destroy him, but Vic decided to go in a different direction.

[/ QUOTE ]Vic might be making a HUGE tactical move to ally with Aceveda instead of Pezuela, but I think his reason is more basic than that. Vic might be a bad guy, but he's a good cop. At his core he wants to help clean up the streets. While he might not choose bagging Pezuela over saving his career, if he can do both--even at greater risk--that's a shot he'll take.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Dutch: shoot a man-rope in Tina's face and start dating Sofer.

[/ QUOTE ]No spoilers for next season, please.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:12 AM

Finale was a real let down. Don't really get what they were going for here.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:06 PM

Re. the Aceveda dick sucking pic, does anybody really believe Vic handed over all copies of the pic? C'mon now. Just like Vic isn't going to keep a copy of the dirt found in in the Mexican's trunk. Aligning with a snake like Aceveda can be dangerous but Vic has shown he can play this game.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vic should have 150 missed calls, v-mails, text messages, and singing telegrams from Shane trying to get in touch with him to explain why he "kidnapped" his family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vic has missed calls, but no way would Shane leave a message. He's crazy, but not stupid enough to leave evidence on a voice mail that can send him away. "Your Honor, here are voice recordings... 'Hi Vic, this is Shane. I kidnapped your wife and daughter and locked them in a truck to save them from the Armenian mob trying to kill them. Call me back. This is Shane. Bye.'"

So when Vic saw that Shane kept trying to call him, he may just see it as Shane calling to rub it in his face. Nevertheless, Shane would do good to explain better to Vic -- actually he should have explained better to Corrine and Cassidy -- that he was saving their lives.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'Hi Vic, this is Shane. I kidnapped your wife and daughter and locked them in a truck to save them from the Armenian mob trying to kill them. They're really pissed that we stole millions from them a couple years ago. But nowhere near as pissed as the family of that guy we killed. You remember Detective Terry Crowley? I always thought he was a nice guy.Call me back. This is Shane. Bye.'"

[/ QUOTE ]I was thinking more along the lines of half a dozen "Vic, call me immediately--it's really important" messages. I think his tone of voice should easily convey that he's not gloating/rubbing it in. Besides, Vic isn't the type to avoid the calls because he doesn't want Shane to gloat. He'd answer so he could tell Shane exactly what's going to happen to him if he touches a hair on their heads.

I agree that Shane should have done a better job of explaining himself to Vic's wife and daughter. He was rushing off to the hospital to warn Diro, wasn't he? I guess he gets a pass, in that case.

This all happened during daylight hours. The last scenes are of Vic late at night, and he still hasn't spoken to Shane. I've had friends make more effort to contact me to go out for pizza. Then again, maybe Shane doesn't know the conclusions that Vic and Corinne have jumped to.

Blech, maybe I'm reading too much into what I saw. I just have this fear that a large chunk of the last season of this great show is going to be wasted with these two fighting over something that a three-minute conversation would have cleared up. It would be more reasonable for Vic to be pissed that Shane put his family in harm's way in the first place, but not for "kidnapping" them.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:30 PM

joker,

Regarding Dutch v Billings, I seriously doubt the finale is intended as closure there.

Regarding the calls, it would be trivial for Shane to warn and explain matters without implicating. Phrases like "old friends are back", "not as it seems" and others would clearly get the point across.

J