Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
I was all ready to soil myself if the case 2 came on that Benyamine s/f hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The board pairing would have been enough for me.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:07 AM

Not much earlier Doyle saw Guy check raise Gold with Jacks with four to a straight on the board..I'm sure that went through Doyle's mind..guy smooth calls the flop then cr turn..maybe guys on A2 and giving doyle more outs for a chop or a jack to win plus the diamonds...i woulda folded probably..but that's why i suck...great episode.

crazy hands though...sammy looked like he was still upset for checking the aces with jamie.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:08 AM

nm
Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 AM

wtf! they should show the cards after going allin. farha says its badluck but if he hasn't noticed he hasn't been hittin anything leaving em face down. Doyley shows right away and hits it. felt sorry for guy he definately didnt want to show the ace rags. wow

also the sickest part of this episode is when guy didn't want to donate any more money to the farha foundation, so sick,,, he goes allin vs doyle a5 but smooth calls with trip queens with a steaming sammy. what a HORRIBLE player
Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 AM

Episode is up on youtube. Are we allowed to post links?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:45 AM

Something about that next episode preview seemed familiar... almost as if I had seen it before...
Old 11-27-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Episode is up on youtube. Are we allowed to post links?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 14??

i couldn't find it LINK plzz
Old 11-27-2007, 04:06 AM

Not sure why everyone is complaining about PA / Farha running it 4 times. For almost $250k per run the stakes are still higher than in most hands in the $100k games!

Awesome show. I still can't believe that hand actually happened. PA was looking very sheepish when he admitted having only TP.

NO MORE JAMIE GOLD YAAAAYAYAY!!!!!11one
Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, never been in a million dollar pot, I'm sure if I was ever in that position, no doubt I'd want to negotiate the hell out of it, that still don't make it good TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with the players. If the producers wanted to they could edit all that crap out of the show and give us more hands. For some reason they choose not to and we end up with 7-10 hands per show.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barry is so good at keeping the live ones happy.

He is a true live pro, emphasizing that Jamie lost the minimum, even though Jamie misplayed his hand. Also, going on about a hand where Guy played well but had bad luck in a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the show, I looked up the live updates from this year's WPT Championship final table to see what Barry was talking about. Barry was describing how someone made a terrible play against Guy and ended up busting him.

I was surprised to see the opponent was Kirk Morrison, the guy ESPN fawned over throughout the main event.

Here the hand, from Cardplayer.com:

Guy Laliberte Eliminated 4th ($696,220)
72. Guy Laliberte raises to $1,000,000 from under the gun and Kirk Morrison calls from the big blind. The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Morrison checks. Laliberte bets $2,000,000 and Morrison moves all in. Laliberte makes the call for his last $5,440,000 and shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Morrison turns over 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The turn comes the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], giving Laliberte more outs. The river comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and Morrison's pair of deuces hold up, eliminating Laliberte from the tournament.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty interesting hand. I've never heard Barry openly criticize someone's play like that. I wonder what Kirk will think when he sees that broadcast...probably "Oh well, I won $2 million in that tournament, who cares what Barry thinks of me?"

By the way, Guy only has 19 outs there by my count, instead of 25 as he claimed on HSP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listening to Guy describe the hand it sounded like he pushed AI with the AJ and Morrison called with just 22. Since it was the other way around I don't see how he could consider it a donkey play. 4 handed and that's an OK play. Put the pressure on the other guy.