Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Stars $50 - 55 OOP, but flop checked

Initial raiser i only have 70 hands, but he is a nitty, 11%/5%/AF 1 and it was even less before that raise. The 2 callers I only have 10 hands on, but i just saw button call a raise with QJ, and SB was calling bets on an AK5 flop with k3. So those guys are both pretty loose and crappy.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($17.40)
CO ($66.95)
Button ($20)
SB ($21.15)
BB ($50)
Hero ($61.40)
MP1 ($53.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

I called looking for the set. Hopefully raiser stacks off AA here.

Flop: ($8.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

I miss, prepare to c/f, but everyone checks. I am almost sure if raiser liked his hand he bets. I start getting ready to bet 5-6 on the turn. Then i think about it. I am almost sure the raiser will fold, but there's a lot of high cards out there, and 2 terrible players that just showed they are willing to call at least small bets with any pair. If they missed, they may even check again. Do you think it's worth betting here?

Turn: ($8.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: ($8.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Given that i checked the turn, i thought there's no reason to bet here. If they missed, they probably check. If they hit, i doubt they're folding. Was this an obvious steal opportunity i missed here?

Just in case ppl think i'm being results oriented. It actually was checked around and i won. I'm just wondering if i missed an obvious bluff here.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Stars $50 - 55 OOP, but flop checked

standard. why bet and give them a chance to push you off your hand?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:40 AM

Why do you want to bluff with no outs into three people? This is a losing proposition. You don't have to win every pot you play.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 AM

Raise preflop. Take control of the hand.

C/bet the flop.

As played I don't think you can bet b/c there is just too high a likely hood someone calls you with K2 or J4 or whatever else they might have.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 AM

I should raise 55 utg? If i was in later position i definately raise, but I want to make sure if someone has a big pair that i don't get raised out of the pot, because i am very very likely to stack if i hit.

I wasn't stone bluffing here. I had a good feeling that everyone whiffed. If the raiser had anything he bets 100% of the time. The other guys are donks, but they had chances to bet into obvious weakness, and they checked.

If you change the turn card to a deuce, this would be a horrible bet? What if i bet half the pot? You're telling me that there isn't a 25% chance these guys fold here?