Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 10-31-2007, 07:23 PM

Default coaching locations

slider is a good friend of mine, and he had coaching in his location. i removed it and im'd him about it, and he pointed out that a lot of users still have it. he cited MDMA, jcarver, and also Josh who obv is a mod.

So, keep an eye out in the strat forums, it's not fair that some keep it and slide by but others get it taken away.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: coaching locations

I believe that you're allowed to PM people outside of your forum to ask them to remove "coaching" locs.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:51 PM

don't worry, jim kuhn will probably ban him for it pretty soon, he's good like that.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:55 PM

I would suggest a pm requesting they change their location. As NT stated, if they had already been suspended several times for this same infraction I would change it for them and and suspend them.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2007, 09:23 PM

I remove it for them when I see it and pm them about it. Just did one today as a matter of fact.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:04 AM

Are the Location rules written down someplace obvious where all the users can see them?

Making the posters guess what's allowed and then PMing them when they screw up is a waste of everyone's time and bad for customer relations.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:05 AM

Well, they're written down in here in a sticky at the top. They may have been posted in ATF at some point, but I don't recall exactly.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, they're written down in here in a sticky at the top. They may have been posted in ATF at some point, but I don't recall exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they're posted in ATF under the same title. I refer users to them whenever I address this.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah they're posted in ATF under the same title. I refer users to them whenever I address this.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not a sticky so it doesn't really do much good. We are still back at the situation where posters learn what locations are allowed by trying something out and seeing what happens. Then we mods randomly zap people we happen to notice are breaking the unpublished rule. It's poor customer service and uneven justice, not to mention a pain to enforce.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not a sticky so it doesn't really do much good. We are still back at the situation where posters learn what locations are allowed by trying something out and seeing what happens. Then we mods randomly zap people we happen to notice are breaking the unpublished rule. It's poor customer service and uneven justice, not to mention a pain to enforce.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol don't look at me. I'd rather we didn't have location restrictions for this stuff, but it has been decided and so that's how it is. It's not like I ban people for breaking this rule or anything though so I don't think anyone is too unhappy.