Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-16-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Super standard ??

SB loves ace rags, often calls to river then folds. I assume this is when he misses his Ace.

MP2 unknown.

MP3 passive fish.

Button tends to be aggresiveness.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB
Old 11-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Super standard ??

why did you check the flop?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:26 PM

(I only play live, comments might not apply)

Flop is the only street I don't play the same. I just lead out and pump it from there. I guess with button being aggressive you can expect a bet if checked to him, but I don't like relying on that. I know all types of hands have the odds to call a single bet but I'm thinking what you're giving up in huge pot equity value ain't worth trying to make up in getting people to make bad calls. Besides, button still might raise giving you another chance to face the field with 2 cold.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 11-16-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Banking on at worst the button betting, then being able to face some of the field with 2 cold.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:40 PM

lead the flop...you already stated button is aggressive, so plan on 3 betting/capping any action after you lead.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:44 PM

I don't think you want to face this field for two cold when you have flopped top set! Two bets will in this monster pot will not protect you from the flush draw which is your biggest concern. It could protect you from some gut shots, but other than A2, A4 and 67, those draws are not that likely.

With top set, you have a huge equity lead in this pot. Don't risk getting it checked through. Don't risk losing those that will call you with their single pairs, drawing nearly dead. As the others said, lead this flop.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Banking on at worst the button betting, then being able to face some of the field with 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you want a hand like KQ to fold?

hint: when you flop top set you would prefer if the entire field called the flop and stayed in for 4 bets.

edit: op, i know i'm going to sound like a jackass, but combine this with your K9 hand, and i think you dont quite understand what limit hold em is about.

at its crux, its about pumping up the pot when you have the best of it, and not doing so when you dont. its not about making people fold all the time, or being the smartest guy at the table, or making the fanciest moves at the table.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you want a hand like KQ to fold?

hint: when you flop top set you would prefer if the entire field called the flop and stayed in for 4 bets.

edit: op, i know i'm going to sound like a jackass, but combine this with your K9 hand, and i think you dont quite understand what limit hold em is about.

at its crux, its about pumping up the pot when you have the best of it, and not doing so when you dont. its not about making people fold all the time, or being the smartest guy at the table, or making the fanciest moves at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think you are a jackass at all. I appreciate all commentary on my hands. Whether it be complimentary or critical.

Not donking the flop is not my standard play, I will try to find examples to post/link to. I am trying to vary my play a bit. Obviously I picked a poor spot here.

And no, I do not want KQ type hands folding. If the SB had overs he was calling down, there was also one other passive fish in this pot. They were calling one, I hoped to make them call two. I see with an alternate line I could have possibly got 3 had I led and buttong got aggro as I hoped he would. This time I got lucky that MP3 3 bet.

A quick hand where I flop top set and lead out, as is my normal m.o

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
Old 11-16-2007, 05:28 PM

your second set hand is a different situation, when you flop top set with aces you have to lead out because there is a small chance that the flop hit someone else, since you have all the good cards, so by slowplaying a set of aces you just set yourself up to lose in the offhand chance they have a draw that might have paid off.

The TT hand you MUST lead out IMO, I understand varying play but with your position you just want the whole field in here and that is most easily done by leading imo
Old 11-16-2007, 06:15 PM

I wish I could flop sets.