View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

How bad a problem is AIDS/STDs? According to the cia they have a 2% rate for aids (sounds pretty big).

Is AIDs concentrated in certain regions? Is there anyway to know if they girls you are having sex with weren't hooking the night before?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:00 PM

Also, how is the english.

It would be cool having girlfriend(s) there, but does it get boring if all you can both appreciate is sex?

How difficult is it to meet guys or girls to just be friends with and be able to commyunicate well with?

Also I'll be in Thailand on Nov 21st. Planning on staying there 1 month+. If anyone wants to PM me or meet up that would be cool. I'm 22 and just started playing cards professionally in Jan after I got my degree in music.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:11 PM

great thread.

how hard would it be to find a really big house or a couple of them in near proximity to each other?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:12 PM

Can any of you guys who live there tell us where specifically you live, what its like, and why you chose there?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-27-2006, 05:50 PM

The Thailand myspace! SHIP IT!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:53 PM

Old 09-27-2006, 05:57 PM

Old 09-27-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent post man.

I too am interested in the cost of living and quality of life.

1. What would a middle class (North American standards) couple with no children have to spend per month on food/lodging/entertainment etc.. if they wanted to "upgrade" and live "well"?

2. What are the biggest issues with living in what is commonly accepted as a third world country?

3. How reliable is basic infrastructure (electricity/cable/internet/roads/public transport - etc...)?

4. How corrupt is law enforcement (a 2+2 poster was caught with some weed and extorted out of $2000 USD in exchange for not getting booked - is this common?).

TIA - I will ask more as I think of new questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the full moon party they have a nice little racket going. If you are caught with drugs you owe a very large fine in cash on the spot, or you go to jail. I beleive its about $2k US and that might be what happened to said poster.

The cops dont get paid much so I'd imagine if you were in some ish you could bribe them...but there really isn't the need for that. If you are coming to cause trouble...go some place else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll own up to it - it was me. I certainly wasn't looking to cause any trouble (especially because in my short experience the Thai people are extremely humble and welcoming people). I was also young and stupid and thought I was safe, and couldn't pass up the chance to buy an ounce of weed for <$5. It was actually in a Songtow (sp?) coming back from a trek in Chaing Mai. The cops pulled us over for a 'routine' spot check, but I have a feeling they were tipped off by the driver (who, ironically, was high as hell on opium at the time). Is that common?

Also - how do you handle the influx of North American, White businessmen who come there with the sole intention of getting some 12 year old Thai boys? I found that the most difficult thing to get over when I was there (again - mostly up North). Just seeing it made my skin crawl, but I'm certainly not one to impose my values while in another county. But I will say it detracted from my overall enjoyment of the trip.

Is it true the STD rate among prostitutes is >90%?

Awesome thread by the way.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:03 PM

I think with Thai girls you just have to be there.
Grow some balls and talk to them.
If you do that in America, you have a higher percentage chance of finding a gf. If you do it in Thailand, you are almost guaranteed a gf.

So go out, party, and have fun, and when you see a girl who you like, just freakin talk to her, and it's very likely to happen.

I know it sounds simple, but it's pretty true.
Closed Thread