Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Increased my bankroll by 20%, but what shall I do with it?

My bankroll is still very very small at $50, I have been playing outside my bankroll (which will stop today)playing some Limit Omaha and $5 SNG's. While I was playing these I got 140 FPP's. While im still a micro grinder I dont think there is anything worth saving up for so I went and brought into 2 70 FPP Sats to the Sunday 100k. I won one of them so got T$11.

Now this has increased my bankroll by 20% but what shall I do with it?

Play the 100k?
Use the T$ to play $1.20 SNG's?
Try and boost my bankroll and play 2 $5 SNG's?

Any other suggestions?

Also another quick question, being a micro grinder how hard is it to get FPP's? I am finding it very hard when I play 1c/2c and get more or less none and I only get 1 FPP when I play a $1 SNG. does this come into the grinding part where these come when the bankroll grows?

Thanks for your help and any micro grinding bankroll help will be great.

Steve
Old 10-04-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Increased my bankroll by 20%, but what shall I do with it?

Not sure what you should do with the T$, if you normally play SnGs you might as well buy into some of them.

I found that you gain FPP very slowly at $2 and $5 NL, but then once you get to $10NL+ you get them a lot more frequently.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 PM

I'd go for the $5 sngs to boost your bankroll. If you lose, no harm done. But with decent play you can probably get in the money. $1.20 sngs are much harder to win, as players are risking much less and will chase a lot more with weak hands and draws.

Don't worry about the FPPs at your level - build your bankroll first. Then you can start trying to maximize FPPs.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM

i agree partly with what pokerkhan said, i dont think FPP should even be a second thought though. it shouldn't even be a thought.

play what game you are most comfortable with, if it's sngs i suggest the $1 ones. people chasing draws is what you want, play straight poker at that level. bet your good hands fold your bad, nothing tricky.

Good Luck!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:19 PM

Agree with above. Dont concentrate on the fpp's at that level. you will need thousands of hands to afford the cheapest of gifts. your primary goal is to build your bankroll and improve your game so that you can climb the ladder into bigger games. Then the fpp's start coming in.

If you are never going to reload your account with any cash then you need to play conservatively with you bankroll. As you mentioned, stop playing outside of your bankroll limits. It will only take 1 bad run of cards and all your $'s are gone. building a bankroll is a grind but you must be strict.

With this in mind i would play the $1.20's

good luck