Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

completely on the bandwagon. I have Monday off. Maybe I'll drive to Oaktown and scalp a ticket sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone know how much scalped tickets would go for?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:45 AM

dunno, but the lowest nose bleeders on stubhub are $110
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 AM

You could look up craigslist. ppl scalp there.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:50 AM

Old 04-28-2007, 01:56 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...amp;id=2851978

This story is pretty much everything that's wrong with sports journalism. It assumes that the Heat were the better team and seeks an explanation for their failure, finds that answer in a terribly worn out cliche of "not wanting it enough", and then wraps it all up with a neatly made assumption that the Bulls will sweep, when it's actually vastly more likely this ends in 5 or 6. Bad sportswriters, rather than simply convering the action, feel this need to create neat little storylines. The Bulls were a better team over the course of the season(a fact that was obvious to me and it seems like plenty of you but somehow escaped pretty much everyone on ESPN's payroll) and Wade is hurt. That's why the Heat are down right now. There's no secret, no mystery. The better team, with home court, against an inferior team whose best player is nursing two injuries? Down 3-0 is where this series should be.

In fact, this terrible story is a setup for the terrible next story if the Heat win games 4 and 5 about how the champs are BAAAAAACK, and then finally a third terrible story about how the Bulls overcame adversity and knocked off the defending champs, when anybody with a goddamn brain would've picked Bulls in 6 before the series started.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:29 AM

I dont't even like Dallas but raptor christ is dirk a pussy, play like an mvp
Old 04-28-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont't even like Dallas but raptor christ is dirk a pussy, play like an mvp

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya Dirk is soft.. Nash>>>>>>>Dirk
Old 04-28-2007, 03:45 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i just got back from the game. I have to say a few things. first, the arena was [censored] INSANE tonight. Only at a soccer game have i ever seen an atmosphere like that. Singing, chanting, yelling just NONSTOP. second, was the game as horrendously officiated as i saw? there were like 10+ phantom calls on the warriors and we STILL crushed dallas. the criteria for what was and wasnt a foul seemed to change with each team. The 2nd and 3rd quarter were two of the worst officiated quarters i have ever seen. Beyond that, Baron and J-Rich are just sick, soooo sick. Monta is our most underrated player imo. The biggest thing i noticed is HOW [censored] SOFT dirk is. Seriously, someone touches his arm and he auto falls over and complains. It was pathetic and i wish they gave technicals for flopping.

God that game was rad. Easily my favorite sporting event ive ever been to. If anyone is 50/50 on going, GO. SERIOUSLY GO.

Another cool thing, there was a Oakland A's game going on in the stadium right next door. For those who dont know, the stadiums are literally 20 yards apart. We were all entering at the same time and EVERYONE was chanting LETS GO WARRIORS.

Another awesome thing, i saw THREE dallas mavericks fans, THREE. Thats it. God that ruled.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 AM

OMFG... I didn't watch the games on Friday, wth happened to Dallas? Was it as bad(or good) as the highlights suggest? Damn that's three straight games that they've played poorly. I was so sure that they were going to put it on the Warriors in game 3.

Mavs are in trouble. GS has to be in their heads now, and they haven't been the most clutch team over the past few years.

wow.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:02 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
GS has to be a better team now

[/ QUOTE ]