Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Unprecedented SF study finds pot helps ease pain

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it states in the article that the placebo is marijuana sans THC

if they just chemically remove THC then the joint they are smoking will likely taste like weed (can't say for sure, i've never smoked THC-less weed), in much the same way that Quest cigarettes taste like tobacco.

the main point is that there are other cannabinoids in marijuana that have an effect on you, that they did NOT remove, or at least did not state that they removed. So it's quite likely that the pain reduction noted by those in the placebo group could well have been actual pain reduction and not placebo

i'm not so sure this study isn't flawed because of this, but it's a step in the right direction. if anything, the study would end up understating the pain reducing effects of weed, if only because the placebo group did not receive a "true" placebo

[/ QUOTE ]

It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ok

then explain why and consider adding something of substance to the thread
Old 02-15-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Do a search for 'getting a tatoo while high'.
2. Read the results.
3. Apologize.
4. Stick your face in [censored], and shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big sample size in your quote above.

FWIW I've known 3 people who have gotten tats, all three have multiple tats. All 3 have gotten tats sober, and all 3 have gotten tats high. They all say that getting a tat while high is a bit less painful. Not much less painful, but noticeably. Again, mine is also not a big sample, but it means something, much like your example does. It means DIFFERENT PEOPLE REACT DIFFERENTLY, like what I alluded to in my 3rd point.

BTW, apologizing and sticking my face in whatever the hell you meant by [censored] are probably not going to happen, so don't hold your breath. Don't want to see you die or anything.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:27 PM

double post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:53 PM

Because they controlled for THC- if you assume they left everything else in the placebo joints (which I'd have to go back and read the article to see if this was true), the fact that the joints with the THC in it were better than the placebo joints leads one to believe that THC is the active analgesic.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it states in the article that the placebo is marijuana sans THC

if they just chemically remove THC then the joint they are smoking will likely taste like weed (can't say for sure, i've never smoked THC-less weed), in much the same way that Quest cigarettes taste like tobacco.

the main point is that there are other cannabinoids in marijuana that have an effect on you, that they did NOT remove, or at least did not state that they removed. So it's quite likely that the pain reduction noted by those in the placebo group could well have been actual pain reduction and not placebo

i'm not so sure this study isn't flawed because of this, but it's a step in the right direction. if anything, the study would end up understating the pain reducing effects of weed, if only because the placebo group did not receive a "true" placebo

[/ QUOTE ]

It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ok

then explain why and consider adding something of substance to the thread

[/ QUOTE ]